The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
Website The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society
The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), a non-profit, 501(c)(3) international professional society of scientists and engineers, has an immediate opening for a locally based Customer and Administrative Services Manager. The manager is responsible for managing the staff and responsibilities of the Customer & Administrative Services Team, including the administrative and project support provided for all departments, assuring the orderly and timely completion of membership administration and meeting registration functions of the Society, and fostering and implementing a team approach that effectively addresses internal and external customer needs while proactively ensuring the integrity of member and nonmember data.
Headquartered in McCandless, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, TMS is in the process of resuming in-office operations. This is an in-office position with the potential for occasional remote work.
TMS requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field, preferred
- Three to five years of customer service experience, ideally in an association environment; supervisory experience preferred.
- Possess and demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity, respect, flexibility, and sound work ethics; willingness and ability to be hands on with details.
- Proficiency in maintaining and utilizing industry-standard association management database systems (iMIS preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and experience querying databases using Crystal Reports or similar programs.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and related processes including accounts receivable processing and daily posting/reporting.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, composition, data entry skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, management, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- High degree of comfort communicating with members/customers for whom English may not be the primary language.
- Position includes duties that may require travel (10% or less) and occasional weekend work.
- Leads the daily operations of the TMS Customer & Administrative Services Team and maintains orderly, efficient, and client-friendly operations.
- Provides daily direction and assistance to Customer & Administrative Services to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all activities related to member services, meeting services, subscription management, member/customer inquiries, and administrative/project-based support provided for all TMS departments, including daily distribution of mail, outgoing mail/shipments, supplies, and internal meeting support and administrative record-keeping; works closely with TMS leadership to ensure the proper prioritization of all activities.
- Develops protocols and implements tactics to assure that data is entered and managed in the association management system in a consistent and accurate manner; develops and implements data integrity tactics to proactively validate existing data, identify and fulfill any information gaps, and correct known data inaccuracies.
- Manages the administrative and project support provided by the Customer & Administrative Services Team for all departments.
- Assists in processing meeting registrations, including invoice generation, payment processing, refund requests, and customer inquiries.
- Assists in processing applications for membership, including the Material Advantage program, and pulls online application reports daily. Enters member dues bill batches in a timely and accurate manner.
- Implements and assists in planning all proactive point-of-contact marketing and telemarketing efforts carried out by the Customer & Administrative Services Team.
- Devises, generates, and coordinates reports on Customer & Administrative Service Team activities, inclusive of regularly scheduled reports, as well as unique reports requested by internal and external clients.
- Establishes and maintains benchmarks and metrics to measure Customer & Administrative Service Team performance and uses these to assure that a measurably high level of service is provided to members and customers; pursues tactics to continuously improve this level of service.
- Assures that member and customer data is handled in compliance with privacy and legal requirements.
- Provides project assistance to the Membership & Advocacy Department Head as needed.
- Assures the administration of the membership and meetings e-mail inboxes.
- Assures that the reception desk and customer service area is effectively staffed during core TMS business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and professional resume. No phone calls, please. TMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com