The Music Conservatory of Westchester
Website The Music Conservatory of Westchester
The Music Conservatory of Westchester, a nonprofit community music school in White Plains, NY, seeks a Development Associate. Reporting to the Development Officer and working closely with the Executive Director and Communications team, this key position is responsible for handling a variety of key tasks pertaining to the school’s fundraising program. The Development Associate interacts on a daily basis with Conservatory staff, faculty, board members, donors and student families. The Conservatory is a musical community in which everyone shares enthusiasm for the school’s mission, programs and activities. The work environment is collegial, lively, and filled with music on a daily basis.
Great people skills, enthusiasm for teamwork, meticulous record-keeping, organizational and multi-tasking skills, computer fluency and knowledge of Microsoft Office are essential. Knowledge of fundraising database systems (e.g. Exceed Beyond) is a plus. Candidates should have at least a four-year bachelor’s degree, an interest in nonprofit management and the arts, and at least two years of prior experience in fundraising and volunteer management. A background in music is a plus.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee and manage the school’s annual fund, including strategizing and writing fall and spring appeal letters, strategizing mail and online campaigns, organizing mail/email lists, overseeing production/mailing.
- Work with the Development Officer on the planning, implementation and follow-up for the Conservatory’s major annual fundraiser in June, as well as other special events.
- Coordinate and manage the Conservatory’s parent, adult student, and teen volunteer groups. Organize meetings and events in which they have a key role, including Inside the Studio Week, Fall Open House, and Performathon.
- Oversee and manage the school’s development database, ensuring accurate and timely data entry, organizing lists for various events and campaign, generating reports, maintaining narrative donor information and stewardship calendar, ensuring timely acknowledgment of all donations, and working with the Business department on monthly reconciliation.
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Trustees, to oversee the organization of meetings and events, record board meeting minutes and facilitate editing and finalization.
- Serve as primary liaison to the school’s Parent Association, Adult Student Association, and Teen Volunteer Corps; organize and manage their meetings and events.
- Assist with other development tasks as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com