The Neighborhood Academy
Website The Neighborhood Academy
REPORTS TO: Assistant Head of School for Development
JOB CATEGORY: Regular Full-Time
In collaboration with the Assistant Head of School for Development and the Development Team, the coordinator supports the department’s goals and ongoing efforts to build and nurture long-term relationships with donors and to encourage lifetime support of the school. This position coordinates the implementation and management of a comprehensive donor relations program and assists in the following key areas: annual appeals, acknowledgements, correspondence, donor engagement including thank-you calls and scheduling appointments, donor engagement events, and day -to-day needs of the department. The primary role of the Donor Relations Coordinator is to provide our donors with exceptional service and ongoing positive interactions with the school.
As a core primary purpose, all job positions are to maintain the mission and vision of The Neighborhood Academy.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Review monthly lapsed donor reports and disseminate donor follow-up to appropriate staff, as needed.
- Assist with annual appeal and data, as needed.
- Assist with donor tribute/acknowledgements.
- Provide support for engagement events including assisting with managing RSVPs, responding to donor inquiries, and managing event briefing preparations.
- Assist with development of reports and marketing materials.
- Assist with all other new and ongoing stewardship as assigned by the Head of School for Development and Director of Development.
- Manage a portfolio of annual giving donors.
- Assist in growing United Way program.
- Stay on top of trends and best practices in the stewardship/donor relations field.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Strong IT skills, especially Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel)
- Experience with donor software
- Self-starting, highly motivated, taking-charge personality.
- Empathetic “people person” who understands the value of relationship building.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and organizational skills.
- Adaptable, flexible, teachable.
- Open to new ideas and able to strategize and think creatively.
- Moderate knowledge of development strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain productive relationships.
- Highly organized, motivated individual with the desire to provide the highest level of customer service to internal and external audiences.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Contribute positively to a fast paced, priority shifting and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrate a sense of professionalism. tact and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Strong numeracy skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or related fields.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience with one years’ experience in non-profit development.
- Demonstrate a sense of professionalism
- Federal FBI & Criminal Background & Child Abuse Clearances
- General office environment
- Lifting of up to ten pounds
- Travel up to 25% as needed, using own vehicle
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org