The Pittsburgh Foundation
Website The Pittsburgh Foundation
About The Foundation:
Established in 1945, The Pittsburgh Foundation is one of the nation’s oldest community foundations and is the 14th largest of more than 750 community foundations across the United States. As a community foundation, our resources comprise endowment funds established by individuals, businesses and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep commitment to the Pittsburgh community. The Foundation has approximately 2,000 individual donor funds and, together with its supporting organizations, assets of over $1.2 billion. Grantmaking from the funds benefits a broad spectrum of community life within Pittsburgh and beyond with over 2,000 grantees receiving funding annually. The Foundation typically awards grants of more than $40 million each year. Grantmaking from the Foundation’s discretionary funds leverages a broad range of resources and enables the Foundation to be an important change agent for the region. Approximately 85% of all grantmaking dollars stay within the Pittsburgh region.
The Donor Services Fellow will primarily support the work of the Development and Donor Services Department. The Development and Donor Services staff’s expertise in planned giving and beyond provides donors with an in-depth understanding of community issues such as education, economic development, the arts, poverty, hunger and human services. The department empowers donors to leave philanthropic legacies that improve the community while also achieving financial goals. Donor Services representatives help donors fulfill their philanthropic goals, provide personalized services and connect donors to The Foundation’s program, financial, and development expertise.
The Donor Services Fellow will assist with the preparation of materials for annual donor meetings, coordinate large mailings, and take the initiative to keep department documents, data, sensitive constituent information, and files organized and up-to-date. This individual will also help prepare for donor events by maintaining guest lists, preparing name tags, and assisting with minimal event logistics. The expectation is that through the work with the Department, the intern will gain basic knowledge of community grantmaking and how it connects to the role of the donor as well as a working knowledge of the foundation field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Donor Services Preparation – 50%
- Prepare APR (Annual Philanthropic Review) documents for annual meetings between donor services officers and donors.
- Prepare NDO (New Donor Orientation) documents for initial meetings between donor services officers and donors.
- Update documents (using In Design) for APRs as needed.
- Update APR/NDO training manuals, PowerPoint presentations, and donor handbooks.
- Conduct research with national peer foundations.
- Develop and implement system to send grantee acknowledgement letter to donors
- Work with Donor Services Team on implementation of new donor services plan. This position will be responsible for contacting donor directly via email/phone, submitting grant requests, and following up to general donor questions.
Administrative – 35%
- Scheduling for Director of Donor Services/Planned Giving Specialist
- Coordinate and execute large mailings to donors
- Format documents, presentations and other copy as requested.
Event Coordination – 15%
- Assist with planning and logistics for events with internal staff and donors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the fields of Management, Public Policy, Social Work, Communications or other related fields.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A strong, demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in foundation or non-profit work.
- Meticulous careful attention to detail and quality of final work product.
- Ability to manage several projects for multiple staff members simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- A curiosity to learn more, ask questions, and use a sense of humor to navigate challenges.
Please submit your resume with a 1-page cover letter detailing your interest in this position and why you believe you could be a good fit to Jobs@pghfdn.org.
No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com