The Pittsburgh Foundation
Website The Pittsburgh Foundation
Reports to: Director, Operations
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $70,000 – $77,000
The grants manager is responsible for the management of the grant-making administration of the Pittsburgh Foundation. This process includes creating competitive applications and their processes, shepherding grants from proposal to payment declination and closure. To be effective in this position, the grants manager must work collaboratively across multiple departments and constituents, demonstrating a deep understanding of the needs of grantees, donors and other stakeholders and ensuring that those perspectives are incorporated in the grant-making process. While multiple parties may participate in the execution and oversight of the grants based on the source of funds, the grants manager has accountability for actively managing execution of the grants processes in terms of proper review, approval, accuracy and timeliness, monitoring compliance with external rules and regulations, assessing adherence to donor intent when considering grant funding sources and ensuring accuracy on all grant reporting. The grants manager is accountable for the accuracy of all grant data reported internally or externally for the Foundation and its supporting organizations.
RIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain the Foundation’s daily, monthly, quarterly and annual grant-making processes to ensure proper authorization, funding and timely payment of grants.
- Work closely with supporting organization staff in the management and disbursement of delegated grants processing.
- Manage, maintain and deliver grant-related reporting for both internal and external constituencies.
Legal and compliance
- With the director of operations, ensure compliance with relevant tax laws governing the Foundation’s grants and source of funding.
- Remain up to date on community foundation and nonprofit best practices, grant-making guidelines and regulations, and manage and recommend changes for new and existing grant-making policies, including the incorporation of new tax and charitable contribution laws.
- Systems management
- Manage grant processes and systems related to GrantedGE and Foundant from end-to-end including implementation, maintenance and improvement of processes, and serve as the business process owner on internal committees for both systems.
- Ensure and evaluate the integrity of grants-related data and systems.
- Evaluate existing and evolving technologies and trends in the grant-making field and make recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee the execution and coordination of the day-to-day grants processing, workflow and staff capacity and escalate to the director of operations as needed.
- Work closely with the Development and Donor Services team to ensure the highest level of donor satisfaction with the grant-making process to ensure philanthropic intent.
- Work closely with Program team to identify and allocate funding sources for the Foundation’s grant-making programs.
- Work directly with donors and charitable fund advisors as needed.
- Assist director of operations as well as senior management in various assignments as needed.
- Work as part of the Finance and Operations team to deliver superior service to internal and external constituencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values of accountability, collaboration, community, racial justice and trust.
- Results oriented with superior skills in project management, organization, planning and attention to detail.
- Creative thinker with excellent analytical, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Strong communication, written and verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, self-directed and reliable.
- High sense of integrity, honesty and ethics.
- Strong ability to motivate and lead others.
- Flexible, responsive, and collaborative work style with a strong service mentality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience with accrual-based and nonprofit accounting systems.
- Familiarity with nonprofit funding and associated grant-making.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a field related to the nonprofit sector.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience, preferably in a nonprofit or foundation environment.
- Minimum three years’ experience in grants administration and processes preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local government laws and regulations regarding grant agreements and administration, including tax laws governing charitable contributions.
- Leadership experience required.
- Blackbaud GrantedGE, Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge experience preferred.
- Foundant Grant Lifecycle Manager experience preferred.
- Fund accounting experience preferred.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20.
No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION.
ABOUT THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION
Established in 1945, the community philanthropy for the Pittsburgh region is one of the nation’s oldest community foundations and is the 14th largest of more than 750 similar foundations across the United States. It set a new record for grantmaking, $67 million, in 2020. As a community foundation, its resources comprise endowment funds established by individuals, businesses and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and fulfilling the Foundation’s mission of improving quality of life for all in the region. The Foundation currently manages about 2,500 individual donor funds and, together with its supporting organizations and its affiliate, The Community Foundation of Westmoreland County, has assets of $1.46 billion. Grantmaking benefits a broad spectrum of basic needs and development opportunities within Pittsburgh and beyond. Learn more at www.pittsburghfoundation.org.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@pghfdn.org