The Salvation Army
Website The Salvation Army
Position: Anti-Human Trafficking Housing Coordinator
Department: Anti-Human Trafficking
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Anti-Human Trafficking Divisional Director
The Anti-Human Trafficking Housing Coordinator (HC) will provide direct oversight to the new housing initiative. The housing program will provide transitional and short-term housing assistance to victims of human trafficking throughout Western Pennsylvania. The HC will support clients throughout the housing search, make connections with landlords, provide comprehensive mobile case management services for labor or sex trafficking victims of any age, gender or nationality, and support clients in locating permanent housing. The HC will work as part of the comprehensive response to human trafficking in Western Pennsylvania.
- Oversee the daily operations of the transitional housing program across Western Pennsylvania
- Interview and assess potential clients for human trafficking as defined by federal law
- Provide culturally appropriate, victim-centered, trauma-informed case management services
- Develop individualized service plans for self-sufficiency
- Assist clients in searching for the transitional housing that will be funded by the program
- Coordinate the lease approval process with landlords
- Coordinate the payment of rent/utility bills with landlords and appropriate companies
- Complete a monthly walkthrough checklist for each home
- Work with clients to develop their schedules, including work, recreational activities, banking, grocery shopping and home maintenance
- Assist clients in achievement of personal goals, by coordinating referrals, advocating on behalf of the client, assisting in obtaining government benefits, etc.
- Assist with coordination of resources within the continuum of care
- Communicate policies and the rationale behind them to clients
- Complete client discharge planning
- Participate in awareness and training events throughout the Division
- Monitor housing program needs and communicate those to AHT Divisional Director
- Collect statistical data and generate reports for both internal purposes, and for The Office of Victims of Crime (OVC) reporting requirements
- Participate in professional development opportunities as required
- Prepare written reports and complete documents as requested by the AHT Divisional Director
- Maintain and uphold the principles and commitments of The Sanctuary Model
- Maintain healthy boundaries
- Uphold the code of conduct of The Salvation Army at all times
- Ensure client safety and confidentiality
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree or related degree required
- Master of Social Work Degree preferred
- Experience working with those affected by human trafficking, domestic violence, or sexual assault.
- Experience working in the Housing Sector
- Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Must have computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel Programs and be proficient in and the ability to utilize the internet.
- As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014
- All three PA Clearances required upon employment and thereafter upon renewal date: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Request for Criminal Record, and Fingerprint based federal criminal history.
- PA Mandated and Permissive Reporting and The Salvation Army’s KeepSAfe training required.
To apply for this job please visit careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.