The Salvation Army Western PA Division
Website The Salvation Army Western PA Division
Classification: Professional; Exempt
Supervisor/Department Head: Director of Government and Foundations Relations
Primary responsibility is the writing, processing, researching, and reporting associated with government grants and contracts regarding various programs such as Pathway of Hope, Anti Human Trafficking, Harbor Light, Family Caring Center, Dental Centers, etc. Secure new and maintain current funding through government grant writing opportunities.
- Primary responsibility is researching and writing state and federal government grant proposals for Salvation Army programs and services.
- Participating in webinars and on-line trainings regarding grant requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of all grant applications. Assist in reviewing, proofreading, editing and compiling grant and contract applications.
- Prepare and process all government contract reports to appropriate government agencies and comply with reporting requirements.
- Track funding of all secured grant awards from various funding sources.
- Maintain a tracking system for when reports are due and application renewals to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Assist with reimbursement grants by compiling necessary documents and processing paperwork to government entities for awarded funds.
- Accessing various government websites to complete on-line applications.
- Support and assist the Director of Government and Foundation Relations with other tasks such as submission of grant proposal to foundations within Western Pennsylvania.
- These duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive and may be modified to include other job-related duties at the discretion of the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency of all Microsoft Office Applications
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand and execute complex instructions
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Travel is required at times. Must have a valid PA driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate professionally and effectively with key constituencies (both internally and externally), with an ability to deal well with sensitive situations and confidential information.
- All three PA Clearances required upon employment and thereafter upon renewal date: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Request for Criminal Record, and Fingerprint based on federal criminal history.
- PA Mandated and Permissive Reporting and The Salvation Army’s KeepSAfe training required.
- Will respect and promote the interest of The Salvation Army. The individual is not required to embrace the tenets of faith but is required to promote and respect the mission of The Salvation Army.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Writing and/or Research
- At least 2 years of experience with grant writing and reporting, and/or contracts management
- Experience with contract law and language
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com