The Student Conservation Association
Website The Student Conservation Association
Conservation begins here.
SCA Crew Leader for Community Programs Pittsburgh
SCA’s mission is to build the next generation of conservation leaders and inspire lifelong stewardship of the environment and communities by engaging young people in hands-on service to the land.
Join our team in Pittsburgh this summer along with 13 other crew leaders to lead service projects with high school students in our city parks and green spaces.
As a co-leader, foster an ethic of community and environmental stewardship among a crew of 10 students ages 14-18, through hands-on service projects in Pittsburgh City Parks and greenspaces. Leaders will teach environmental education and train members on trail work skills.
Daily tasks include: Trail construction and maintenance, habitat restoration, team building, revitalizing abandoned urban properties, and teaching environmental education curriculum.
- Experience mentoring youth in the Pittsburgh region.
- Interest in teaching environmental education and environmental justice topics
- Willingness to work in a co-leader and team centric environment
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and most occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Infectious love of the outdoors
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal and background check standards
- 21 years of age or older
- Current First Aid/CPR certification required by June 1st
- Ability to attend virtual leader training June 6 – 12, and an in-person trail work skills training in the Pittsburgh June 14 – 18, 2021
- Availability for the entire program length: June 6th – August 13th, 2021
- A valid driver license and clear driving record is preferred
$650 per week for 9 weeks
• 2 weeks of training • 6 weeks of crew leading • 1 week of debrief
ANTICIPATED LOCATIONS: The SCA will be working in..
- The Bloomfield-Garfield Green Zone
- The North Side and Riverview Park
- Hill District and MLK Community Garden
- Beechview Seldom Seen Greenway
- South Side Park
- Hilltop Urban Farm
- Frick Park
- Woodland Hills Elementary School Nature Trail
FOR HIGHEST CONSIDERATION APPLY BY March 1, 2021. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply early as positions are filled on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com