The United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania
Website The United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania
The Westmoreland and Fayette Development Director will lead the annual workplace and community fundraising campaign for United Way of Southwestern PA (UWSWPA) in Westmoreland and Fayette Counties. The Director is charged with growing and strengthening relationships with a portfolio of CEOS and Employee Engagement Champions at local and regionally based companies and organizations and leading the Donor Relations Team (three members) to raise funds to support the work of United Way. The Director will support and/or manage accounts as part of the UWSWPA campaign efforts with teams in the Pittsburgh and Butler offices. The Director will work closely with individual donors of all levels. These relationships are meant to inspire greater and more consistent involvement with United Way and result in increasing generosity of time, influence, and money.
- Analyze fundraising campaign annually and formulate plan to increase and promote campaign success to meet the mission goals of United Way.
- Recruit and build relationships with campaign cabinet members, employee engagement champions and other campaign volunteers.
- Supervise Westmoreland and Fayette donor relations team to develop strategies, goals, timetables and schedules for all areas of the campaign.
- Identify and engage new company and individual partners for corporate giving, workplace campaigns and individual support.
- Work with fundraising staff across the UWSWPA footprint to develop regional campaign goals, formulate strategy and share best practices.
- Present information about United Way to large and small audiences.
- As appropriate, plan and coordinate special events and fundraisers.
- Ensure that all contributions and donor information are appropriately recorded and that designations are honored.
- Oversee the account management process.
- Work with Donor Relations Team to develop workplace leadership campaigns.
- Work with Resource Development Team to secure volunteers/prospects for community-based leadership giving.
People Management Responsibilities
- Manage three Westmoreland/Fayette region Donor Relations Team members
- Work to develop and manage Westmoreland/Fayette region annual development department budget.
Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3-5 years of related management experience
- Required: 3+ years of experience with human service organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience leading a team in a fast-paced, high-volume workplace.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with a strong ability to communicate openly and effectively.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to motivate employees by utilizing inspirational coaching and leadership skills to cultivate a level of company and personal success.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Work well independently and within a team
- Must display a professional demeanor and must be able to work effectively and tactfully with diverse groups of people.
- Strong computer aptitude with the ability to easily learn new programs, databases, and procedures in an every-changing work environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft office products (Outlook, Teams, Excel)
- Required: PA driver’s license
- Light: Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly. Even when weight lifted is negligible, a job is rated light when: 1) it involves walking or standing to a significant degree; 2) it requires sitting most of the time but involves pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; 3) it involves working at a production rate that requires constant pushing or pulling of materials.
- Frequent travel within the region via ground transportation
- Potential travel outside the region via ground or air transportation
To apply for this job please visit uwswpa.org.