The United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania
Website The United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania
Similar to the 9-1-1 service, 2-1-1 is a nationally recognized, easy-to-remember phone number that quickly and effectively connects people in need with resources. In the case of 2-1-1, the connections are to human services and community resources tailored to meet caller needs. The 2-1-1 service is widely available across the country. Our Pittsburgh office currently services 30 counties across PA, including the Erie and Philadelphia regions.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of PA 2-1-1 SW, the Administrative Assistant manages administrative duties, office communications, and major project communications for the 2-1-1 area during the COVID-19 response. You will also take on special projects and initiatives, assist with tracking of expenditures and assignment to COVID-19 funding sources, provide contract management to ensure compliance and tracking, and other administrative tasks as required.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION THROUGH DECEMBER 2020.
- Pandemic-related project support:
- Compile daily data related to pandemic-specific programs
- Create and update pandemic project related materials for use in contact center training
- Maintain updated list of staffing assigned to pandemic projects for budgetary purposes
- Track staff hours allocated to various pandemic projects to ensure spending within project budget
- Attend pandemic project meetings/conference calls as needed and compile notes in order to communicate information to 2-1-1 team members
- Assist in responding to grant proposals for pandemic-related funding opportunities
Financial management of COVID-19 service agreements and contract management:
- Provide departmental support for expense and invoice submission
- Prepare and submit payment invoices to outside agencies and vendors
- Maintain 2-1-1 contracts, schedule of terms and payments, and contact information
- Provide scheduling/calendar management for committees and meetings
- Create and distribute digital invitations via email and other related software
- Manage meeting and event RSVPs
- Prepare meeting- and event-related materials
- Assist with room set-up, catering selection, and ordering
- Coordinate and track speaker requests for FSF team members
- Coordinate external 2-1-1 presentations, fairs, and speaking requests
- Fulfill and track materials requests for PA 2-1-1 Southwest
- Coordinate material submission for newsletters and annual reports
- Monitor supply needs and place orders
- Prepare summary information and reports as requested
- Respond to requests regarding other special projects as needed
- Maintain master calendar and schedule for resource navigators
- Complete attendance functions including timecards
- Compile data from various sources for reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to remain professional and calm while under pressure in sometimes stressful circumstances, including simultaneous projects
- Knowledge of/comfort with database management and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Strong customer service skills for managing inquiries from vendors, agencies, volunteers, and donors
- Must be a team player and be willing to take on new tasks as needs change
- Must be flexible, reliable, and dependable, including adhering to work schedule
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
Associate’s degree in business plus two years of administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in human/social service agencies strongly preferred.
$15 per hour. Temporary position through December 2020.
Send your resume & optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Admin Asst COVID-19” in the subject line.