The United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania
Website The United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania
We are growing and need people interested in full-time or part-time jobs during daytime or after-hours shifts!
Similar to the 9-1-1 service, 2-1-1 is a nationally recognized, easy-to-remember phone number that quickly and effectively connects people in need with resources. In the case of 2-1-1, the connections are to human services and community resources tailored to meet caller needs. The 2-1-1 service is widely available across the country. Our Pittsburgh office currently services 30 counties across PA, including the Erie and Philadelphia regions.
This is not your ordinary call center job! We hire dedicated, talented people with big hearts. The 2-1-1 Resource Navigator handles customer inquiries by phone, text, chat, email or other media from individuals seeking assistance with human services information or resources. The individual ensures that responses to inquiries are completed according to established service and quality standards. This position focuses on showing empathy, patience, and professionalism while referring callers to the appropriate human service agencies that have the necessary resources to assist them with their basic needs of food, clothing, and shelter, etc. The ideal candidate will effectively and compassionately maintain the confidentiality of all caller information.
Shifts Available (Some holidays may be required):
- Daytime shifts available during Monday – Thursday from 7am to 8pm, Fridays 7am to 6pm
- After-hours shifts available during Monday – Thursday from 8pm to 7am, Fridays 6pm to 7am Mondays
- Responds to inbound phone contact, texts, and chats
- Inputs data into the system of record, RTM
- Meets all production, quality and adherence standards
- Attends all required training classes and meetings
- Elevates issues to next level of supervision, as appropriate
- Maintains accurate records, including timekeeping records
- Completes contact follow-up via text and phone in a timely manner
- Updates database records
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Ability to calmly handle high-volume calls and treat callers with dignity, respect, compassion, understanding, and empathy
- Comfort with technology to include typing while speaking on the phone, reviewing multiple screens, utilizing text and chat, and using Office products including Outlook email
- Demonstrated ability to accurately record summary of call and ask required screening questions
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Will be required to attend outreach events and meetings. These meetings may be outside of normal working hours
- A knowledge of the human/social services within your community or a knowledge of the top agencies around the country (Red Cross, United Way, or Salvation Army) preferred.
- Ability to remain professional, calm, and kind under pressure in sometimes stressful and emotional circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly to individuals with varying levels of comprehension and language proficiency
- Excellent telephone etiquette, including exhibiting friendliness while controlling the conversation
- Demonstrated ability to provide an empathetic and compassionate response to all inquirers
- Must be a team player and be willing to take on new projects as the program grows
- Must be flexible, reliable, and dependable, including adhering to work schedules, changing work shifts when needed, and communicating about availability
- Demonstrated ability to work from home when needed, meeting schedule adherence and quality standards
- Willingness and ability to work in a stationary environment with a desk, computer, and headset
- Willingness to work varying shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays
High School Diploma or GED and at least two years of customer service experience required; Bachelor’s degree in social work or health or human services related field plus two or more years of experience in health or human services, social work, or related non-profit organization preferred.
$12-13 per hour with potential increase after completion of training
Successful candidates will start on a temporary basis for at least six months, with the possibility of becoming permanent employees based on performance and operational needs.
Send your resume to email@example.com with “Resource Navigator” in the subject line and indicate your preferences:
- Full-time (37.5 – 40 hours per week) or Part-time (15-25 hours per week)
- Daytime (shifts during Mon – Thu 7am to 8pm; Fri 7am to 6pm) or After-hours: (shifts during Mon – Thu 8pm to 7am; Fri 6pm to 7am Mon)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org