Accountable for management of the organization’s financial and accounting policies and practices, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements and payroll systems and processes. Provide human resources/employee relations. In collaboration with the CEO, develops annual budget. Provide leadership to direct reports.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls:
Responsible for the delivery of cost effective and efficient accounting and financial systems, policies and processes that meet the current and future business requirements of the organization
- Oversee cash management function of the organization, including the development and maintaining of banking relationships
- Ensure organization is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop process of internal reviews to ensure organization finances, controls and corresponding policies are complied with.
- Manage the payroll function ensuring appropriate systems and controls are in place.
- With CEO, develop annual budget that accurately reflects program needs and level of productivity ensuring financial stability of the organization
- Prepare quarterly budget updates for presentation to the Board of Directors
- Meets regularly with Board Finance Committee
- Oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes
- Provide training to program managers to ensure understanding of specific program budget requirements providing regular updates regarding progress
- Responsible for accounts payable ensuring billings, including but not limited to; foster parent payments, staff expenses, are processed in a timely manner
- Responsible for accounts receivable ensuring owed revenue; including but not limited to; county and state payments, insurances and special contracts, are billed, deposited and documented according to fiscal best practices
- Stay abreast of tax codes and other regulatory requirements, implementing changes accordingly.
- Responsible for the management of the organizations insurance programs, including oversight/review of the annual insurance renewal process, ensuring appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
- Ensure all hires are made aware of organization benefit package and are updated as changes are made and implemented
- Participate in the hiring, orientation and training of new employees
- Participates in the development of new programming
- Participates in the implementation of organization strategic plan.
- Provides direction to management staff to ensure program implementation is in line with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Stay abreast of current trends in the field, seeking out new opportunities as appropriate
- Ensure regular review of programs to verify compliance of state regulation and county and organization mandates
- Develop and maintain collaborative and other relationships with stakeholders
- Actively participate in outside committees, maintaining the organizations reputation as a leader in the field
- Ensure services are provided in a culturally competent manner
- Strong knowledge in fiscal management
- Knowledge in payroll and financial software systems
- Knowledge of human resource management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide culturally competent services
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- 5 years fiscal experience
- Child welfare and/or non-profit experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Valid Act 33/34 and FBI clearances
- A combination of education and training may be substituted upon approval of CEO
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org