Trade Institute of Pittsburgh
Website Trade Institute of Pittsburgh
Rebuilding the city, rebuilding lives
The Trade Institute of Pittsburgh (TIP) is a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to empower men and women with significant barriers to employment through lifelong skill building and job opportunities. TIP’s vision is a world where every person has an opportunity to find their Next.
This is an exciting time of growth at TIP and a unique opportunity to develop our case management program. We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, flexible, and mission-oriented candidate to join us as we continue to grow and evolve.
Summary of the position:
The Case Manager is a strategic member of our team in that the Case Manager is the first service provider to our students, many of whom have been recently released from incarceration. The successful candidate will be a hands-on person who can juggle multiple balls while maintaining a warm and professional demeanor. This individual will be responsible for all duties in the areas of case management and will report to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides intake services and develops Individualized Education Plans (IEP) for each student;
- Screens all students for a variety of government programs, including SNAP, and maintains and updates all client files per program regulations;
- Identifies all barriers to sustained employment for individual students and develops a set of goals and steps to eliminate those barriers;
- Makes appropriate referrals to social service agencies and other assistance organizations as-needed;
- Provides ongoing support to TIP graduates via periodic follow-up sessions, email correspondences, and phone calls;
- Updates and implements appropriate and efficient recordkeeping and filing;
- Works closely with Job Developer and Life Coach to ensure seamless service delivery;
- Adapts to changing responsibilities or procedures as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director;
Required education, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or humanities preferred. Minimum of three years of experience providing social services and case management in diverse environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff and students;
- Excellent database skills and strong skills in Microsoft Word;
- Capacity to function independently with the ability to organize, prioritize, and assume professional responsibility;
- Holds a sensitivity to past criminal convictions, incarceration and histories of arrest;
- Obtains a working knowledge of community and governmental resources available for re-entry populations and those with barriers to employment;
- Possesses current and valid PA driver’s license;
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary Range: 42k – 50k
- Excellent benefit package including paid vacation, sick, and holidays as well as health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
All qualified individuals wishing to be considered for this position must submit a resume, a cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about the Trade Institute of Pittsburgh can be found on our website at http://www.tipgh.org/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com