Website Trying Together
Supporting the Work of Early Childhood
The Communications Manager is responsible for drafting, editing, scheduling, and monitoring content engagement in support of communications and community relations activities for Trying Together’s advocacy, community resource, and professional growth opportunities which may include but are not limited to Buzzword; Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) Region 5; Everyday Interactions Matter; The Homewood Early Learning Hub & Family Center; Message from Me; Playful Pittsburgh Collaborative; and Start Strong PA. Trying Together’s communications and community relations activities include but are not limited to: community engagement activities and events; e-communications development and distribution; print collateral development; social media engagement; and website content management. The Communications Manager will work collaboratively with other Communication Managers and related support staff, receive day-to-day instruction from the Assistant Director of Communications, and will report to the Director of Community Relations. The Communications Manager works with the Community Relations team to meet branding, communications, engagement, and marketing needs aligned with Trying Together’s strategic goals.
- Draft, edit, and schedule content for e-communications, print collateral, social media, and websites as assigned.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Communications to manage content development and graphic design needs submitted via the Marketing Request Form.
- Work with other departments to determine communications and marketing needs.
- Provide training as needed to other departments on utilizing new materials, templates, online features, and other communications work as needed.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns across platforms, and measure and report out on success.
Utilize Google Ads and Analytics, as well as the Trying Together Conversion Funnel Strategy, to identify opportunities to engage with our audience; implement strategies to increase reach for specific personas; and measure outcomes.
- Maintain style guidelines across organizational brands and contracts.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Consistently use the NeonCRM platform to build relationships with constituents, record data that measure project performance, and support continuous quality improvement in the organization’s resources and services.
- Commitment to racial equity and inclusion and a willingness to do the ongoing personal work to bring about a more just society.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications; English; journalism; marketing; political science; or public relations.
- Current knowledge and three to five years working experience with digital platforms including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite; BaseCamp; Google Ads, Analytics, and Suite; MailChimp Pro; Hootsuite; Microsoft Office Suite; NeonCRM; Phone2Action; social media; SquareSpace; and WordPress.
- Understands and uses best practices for accessibility, information architecture, and writing for websites.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in an efficient manner.
- Enthusiasm for professional growth and the ability to self-start.
- Knowledge, interest, or experience in advocacy, community engagement, nonprofits, and/or the early care and education field is helpful.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Some statewide travel is required.
- Clean Act 33 Child Abuse Clearance.
- Clean Act 34 PA State Police Clearance.
- Clean Act 73 Federal Criminal History Clearance.
- National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR) Verification.
- Mandated Reporter Training (must be completed in the first month of placement).
- NeonCRM Training (required and recommended online courses must be completed in the first three months of placement).
- PQAS Professional Development Instructor Certification (must be obtained within the first year of employment).
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including full family health coverage.
- Hybrid work location position.
- Appreciative inquiry and strengths-based review process.
To apply for this job please visit tryingtogether.applytojob.com.