Website Trying Together
Supporting the Work of Early Childhood
Trying Together’s mission is to support high-quality care and education for young children.
Trying Together is a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit that supports the work of early childhood by providing advocacy, community resources, and professional growth opportunities for the needs and rights of children, their families, and the adults who interact with them. A fast-paced organization, Trying Together looks for dedicated and passionate staff who bring positivity to their work and a solution-oriented sensibility.
Trying Together is an equal opportunity employer. Trying Together does not discriminate and encourages qualified candidates of any gender, race, class, sexual orientation, faith, disability, or age to apply. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.
The Program Director of Message from Me oversees the grant management and project development of the innovative technology tool, Message from Me.
- Leads the expansion of Message from Me into PNC Foundation markets across the United States serving children birth to age five.
- Works collaboratively with the Carnegie Mellon University’s Community Robotics, Education, and Technology Empowerment (CREATE) Lab, and the Program Director is responsible for designing, facilitating, and evaluating Message from Me professional growth opportunities and support for early childhood educators.
- Manages the development of bilingual English and Spanish supporting materials and resources for multilingual educators, children, and families.
- Lead all deliverables of the Message from Me expansion grant by overseeing annual fiscal budget, maintaining project deadlines, and managing quarterly grant reports.
- Design and facilitate innovative face-to-face, hybrid, and online professional growth opportunities for educators on the use of Message from Me; including, developmentally appropriate use of digital media and technologies with children birth to age eight, robotics and early learning, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) learning concepts, and nurturing children’s 21st century skills.
- Serve as the liaison to the Carnegie Mellon University’s Community Robotics, Education, and Technology Empowerment (CREATE) Lab and CREATE Lab Satellite Network partners.
- Build collaborative relationships with PNC Foundation markets, NAEYC Affiliates, and key stakeholders across the United States to support local fundraising efforts for Message from Me.
- Design and manage updates of Message from Me resources in English and Spanish.
- Manage distribution of Message from Me mini grants to early childhood settings.
- Establish an advisory board for Message from Me that includes digital learning experts.
- Engage the Message from Me community on social media platforms; such as, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Oversee the development of the Message from Me website and manage updates as needed.
- Attend national, state, and local presentations, conferences, PNC marketing events, and other educational settings as needed.
- Consistently use the NeonCRM platform to build relationships with constituents, record data that measures project performance, and to support continuous quality improvement in the organization’s resources and services.
- Commitment to racial equity and inclusion and a willingness to do the ongoing personal work to bring about a more just society.
- Regular check-in’s with the Executive Director.
- Extensive knowledge of Message from Me.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish (at least conversational ability).
- Ability to work remotely and attend in-person meetings as needed.
- Working knowledge of digital technologies; such as, an iPad, online learning management systems, and web-based conferencing.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to travel 25% of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Must have at least three years of experience working in grant management and program development.
- Deep understanding of supporting educators in the implementation of digital media and technologies with children birth to age eight.
- At least three or more years teaching in an early childhood classroom and/or primary school setting.
- Clean Act 33 Child Abuse Clearance.
- Clean Act 34 PA State Police Clearance.
- Clean Act 73 Federal Criminal History Clearance.
- National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR) Verification.
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
- Mandated Reporter Training (must be completed in the first month of placement).
- NeonCRM Training (required and recommended online courses must be completed in the first three months of placement)
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Appreciative inquiry and strengths-based review process.
To apply for this job please visit tryingtogether.applytojob.com.