Website Trying Together
Supporting the Work of Early Childhood
Trying Together is a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit that supports the work of early childhood by providing advocacy, community resources, and professional growth opportunities for the needs and rights of children, their families, and the adults who interact with them. A fast-paced organization, Trying Together looks for dedicated and passionate staff who bring positivity to their work and a solution-oriented sensibility.
The Digital Media Manager is responsible for developing and distributing digital content for Trying Together including but not limited to: e-communications, print collateral, social media, and websites. Content will support Trying Together’s advocacy, community resource, and professional growth opportunity work including but not limited to the Start Strong PA statewide child care campaign and Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC). This person will report to and work collaboratively with the Director of Communications to meet branding, communications, and marketing needs aligned with the organization’s goals and strategy.
- Write, edit, segment, and schedule e-communications using MailChimp Pro.
- Manage e-communications subscriber database in MailChimp Pro.
- Write, edit, and schedule content for social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Write, edit, and publish content including event, news, and page updates for tryingtogether.org and related sites using WordPress and SquareSpace.
- Crop, edit, and optimize images for digital and print using Photoshop.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on key performance indicators for e-communications, social media, and website channels.
- Write copy and design promotional print collateral as requested using InDesign and other Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, digital media, English, graphic design, marketing, public relations, web-development, related field, OR High School diploma and three years of related experience.
- Current knowledge and three years working experience with digital platforms: Adobe Creative Suite, Google AdWords and Analytics, InDesign, MailChimp Pro, Photoshop, social media, SquareSpace, and WordPress.
- Understands and uses best practices for accessibility, image optimization, information architecture, and writing for websites.
- Three years website design experience.
- Knowledge, interest, or experience in community engagement, the early care and education field, and/or advocacy is helpful.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Clean Act 33 Child Abuse Clearance
- Clean Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Clean Act 73 FBI Clearance
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Appreciative inquiry and strengths-based review process.
Submit cover letter and resume with a minimum of three work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls will not be accepted. Posting will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com