Website U.S. VETS
Job Location: U.S.VETS Long Beach – Long Beach, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Salary Range: $85,000.00 – $118,500.00 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Nonprofit – Social Services
Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
The Director of Behavioral Health (DBH) reports directly to the Executive Director and has the primary responsibility of developing, planning, and supervising all clinical services, to include mental health services, to improve quality of life for U.S.VETS clients. The DBH is responsible for overall leadership of the Program Coordinators, development and management of psychological, social work, and ancillary therapies provided within U.S.VETS’ outpatient services.
- Establishes appropriate, quality standards for client care in mental health, addiction treatment, and health promotion activities for U.S.VETS
- Assures that appropriate protocols for continuous improvement are established in mental health and addiction services and monitors ongoing compliance with quality assurance standards for mental health and substance use outpatient care
- Plans, oversees, and collaborates on the planning for new program initiatives and oversees and collaborates the efforts to obtain new funding and assure the continuation of on-going funding
- Available for consultation by program staff by being on-call 24/7
- Oversees recruiting, maintaining and providing appropriate clinical coverage in the clinical department and collaborates with the program department to ensure 24-hour clinical coverage for clients
- Hires, trains, directly supervises, and evaluates the Clinical Administrative Coordinator, Program Coordinators, and Licensed Clinical Therapists
- Manages and oversees U.S.VETS’ internship program to include but is not limited to task assignment, conducting weekly supervision and adhering to university and licensing board standards
- Oversees the performance- and competency-based standards for all clinical programs
- Creates an individual and group supervision schedule for the site in accordance with frequency standards as defined by national Clinical and Program teams
- Conducts and documents individual and group supervision for each position based on the direct service administrative and clinical responsibilities in accordance with standards as defined by national Clinical and Program teams
- Oversees medical billing process at the site for clinical services to ensure compliance with regulations and internal U.S.VETS procedures
- Assures ongoing communication and reporting with outside funders and maintains positive collaborative relationships with external stakeholders
- Maintains professional competence necessary to perform job responsibilities; maintains and provides agency with records of continuing education activities
- Oversees quality assessment and improvement activities as required
- Facilitates weekly clinical and case management meetings
- Supervises curriculum governing client psychoeducational classes, mental health treatment classes and substance abuse treatment classes
- Assumes 100% of the Clinical Administrative Coordinator’s role and responsibilities in this position’s absence/position vacancy through independent completion of tasks or through delegation of responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in social services or other related field required
- Independently licensed in social services; a minimum of 5 years of employment in an executive-level clinical role at U.S.VETS may substitute for license requirement.
- Minimum of three (3) years management experience of multiple programs and personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer and information systems
- Professional manner and appearance
- Ability to take general direction, work independently and within a team
- Ability to work effectively with diverse group of clients, staff, and community members
- Knowledge/experience working with veterans preferred
- Ability to travel locally between program sites as needed as well as periodic national travel for conferences/training. Valid driver’s license preferred. If driving company vehicles, must meet company insurance requirements and complete a provided driver training course.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2240513
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.