United Way of Southwestern PA is seeking an organized and enthusiastic nonprofit professional with strong fundraising, customer service, organization, and logistics skills to join our team.
The ideal candidate works well in a fast-paced and energetic environment with a positive attitude. This individual should be comfortable working both autonomously and cooperatively and must excel at managing multiple tasks and executing them accurately, quickly, and efficiently.
Job Summary: The Corporate Engagement Manager / Events Planner will provide strategic and administrative support for all stewardship, cultivation and annual events, ongoing donor relations, and event activities throughout the fundraising department. In addition, they will provide event support for all virtual and on-site events as well as assist in event strategy and implementation. They will be responsible for developing and executing a fundraising plan that will generate/increase revenue from companies and individuals within their assigned portfolio.
- Research, develop, and implement new strategies and best practices to strengthen resource development results in corporate gifts, employee giving campaigns, event sponsorships, and more
- Conduct visits with key donors and CEOs/executives to review United Way outcomes and impacts to generate increased awareness and support
- Set revenue goals for individual accounts based on evaluation of strengths and weaknesses and identify areas for potential growth
- Track fundraising results and projections; Recommend tactics to meet goals
- Plan, promote, organize, and implement a variety of events related to donor stewardship and other aspects of development
- Interact with a wide variety of internal and external constituents
- Identify the objectives of each event and determine the requirements that must be met to accomplish those objectives
- Meet with teams both internally and externally to plan event scope and format, establish and monitor budgets, review administrative procedures, and discuss progress
- Recruit, schedule, and manage volunteers for general event duties and specialized teams
- Liaise with the Marketing department to promote events
- Coordinate services (for example: catering, signage, displays, audiovisual equipment, printing) and handle problems that arise
- Coordinate, report on, and process registrations
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve invoices, and maintain financial records
- Ensure corporate sponsorship benefits are activated in marketing components as outlined in the sponsorship agreements/packages
- Create invoices and track payment of sponsorship commitments
- Demonstrate commitment to United Ways mission of improving lives and advancing equitable opportunities for everyone in our community
- Strong organizational and strategic planning skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Solutions-oriented perspective with creative problem-solving sensibility
- Work well under pressure and make responsible decisions quickly; strong communication and networking skills
- Comfort, confidence, and experience working with all types of people to achieve goals, from high-profile, corporate, and government partners to individuals and business owners from diverse communities, backgrounds, and life experiences
- Specific experience soliciting sponsorships and creating new connections or successful sales experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong experience in and understanding of event planning, coordination, logistics, and execution
- Strong integrity and accountability
- Strong project management skills; highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects and deadlines
- Enjoyment of working with diverse work styles and staff
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Experience: Three to five years of outside account management, sales presentations skill, fundraising, volunteer management and event planning
United Way of Southwestern PA offers a generous benefits package that includes 30+ paid days off per year, automatic retirement contributions, and no cost individual health, dental, and vision coverage.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.