Do you have a passion for volunteering and a desire to work for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of our community members? The United Way of Southwestern PA is looking for a talented, dedicated and resilient Volunteer Engagement Coordinator. The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator supports the Director of Volunteer Engagement with the execution of all volunteer related events, including corporate volunteer events, Affinity group projects, United Way led events and large-scale public projects. This individual will contribute to the work of the Good Neighbor Center—United Way’s home for volunteer initiatives—mobilizing thousands of volunteers, hundreds of Pittsburgh’s top companies, and dozens of leading human services agencies in support of United Way’s overall strategic objectives.
- Organize, manage and execute all logistical aspects for corporate volunteer events
- Assist with logistics and execution of all United Way led events, including projects for Affinity groups (Women’s Leadership Council, Next Gen and Tocqueville Society), and public projects
- Lead and develop engagement opportunities to help United Way stakeholders better connect to and understand the work of United Way
- Track data for all volunteer events, including projects held by all United Way stakeholders and maintain integrity of data at all times
- Create and maintain volunteer opportunities through e-volunteer on Andar, United Way’s volunteer management software
- Coordinate pick up, storage and distribution of any collection drives items
- Oversee organization of storage room
- Initiate and maintain positive relationships with non-profit organizations to help develop and evaluate volunteer projects
- Actively recruit volunteers from various stakeholders, including students, corporate groups and nonprofits to volunteer
- Manage volunteer databases, in coordination with Marketing department, and other pertinent volunteer contact information
- Perform site visits to volunteer agencies, as needed
- Display an exemplary degree of customer service
- Must be able to attend meetings, trainings, and other functions during evenings and weekends
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds repeatedly
- Must have reliable transportation that can be used to transport donations and event supplies
- Position requires regular travel to both Westmoreland and Butler regional offices
- Effective project management skills, attention to detail and ability to drive projects toward successful completion
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience: One to two years of experience in volunteer management, event coordination or related field
We offer a generous benefits package including 30+ paid days off per year, automatic retirement contributions, and zero cost health, dental, and vision coverage for individuals!
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.