University of Pittsburgh
Website University of Pittsburgh
This position is for the Deputy Portfolio Director – Community Health Initiatives (CHI) for the School of Pharmacy’s Program Evaluation and Research Unit (PERU). This senior level position requires that the incumbent work in a highly independent manner to provide strategic direction to program managers and projects that they manage in a $10+ million dollar portfolio. The incumbent will be responsible for working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to manage implementation, evaluation, and research projects that include federally, state, and foundation funded programs. Projects focus on the implementation of community health initiatives in the areas of overdose prevention, criminal justice, first responders, and healthcare process enhancement in a diverse set of communities across Pennsylvania. The incumbent will be responsible for: – Supervising CHI Program Managers and coordinating project teams and program areas; – Supporting the CHI Portfolio Director and PERU Associate Director in recruiting and onboarding new staff; – Utilizing the Systems Transformation Framework developed by PERU’s Director to guide the implementation of all funded work and PERU/CHI’s operations; – Supporting the development, implementation and continuous monitoring of strategic plans associated with CHI projects to support the Program Managers in ensuring project goals and objectives are met; – Supporting the Director of System Transformation Support and the Program Managers by monitoring progress of continuous quality improvement efforts across the portfolio; – Supporting the CHI Portfolio Director, PERU Director, and PERU Communications Team in disseminating learnings through conferences, presentations, and publications by coordinating content generation and submission; – Ensuring that PERU policies are followed by all CHI staff; – Researching and determining funding opportunities for continued financial support associated with CHI projects; – Supporting the CHI Portfolio Director in preparing grant proposals for submission to funding agencies by coordinating the writing and directing of appropriate faculty and staff; – Facilitating related project contracts by evaluating collaborators, vendors, identifying terms and conditions, and establishing the scope of services and performance metrics; and – Supporting the CHI Portfolio Director and PERU Associate Director and Assistant Director in preparing and monitoring budgets, contracts, and all University administrative requirements for work under their management.
The CHI Deputy Portfolio Director would be responsible for the following activities on day to day basis:
- Regularly communicating with CHI program team management and senior staff and PERU leadership and functional group leads to ensure streamlined communication and on-time deliverables across the portfolio;
- Strategizing with the CHI Portfolio Director and Program Managers to improve stakeholder engagement, project outcomes, and internal operations through facilitation of individual and team meetings (e.g., leading Program Manager huddles);
- Supporting supervision across the portfolio by providing feedback and development support to management and senior-level staff to improve their ability to manage teams and personnel;
- Leading internal working groups and other team-based capacity building activities to improve CHI knowledge, expertise, and capabilities;
- Providing support to all levels of the CHI team through regular review and feedback on deliverables to ensure a high-quality final product.
To apply for this job please visit ars2.equest.com.