University of Pittsburgh
Website University of Pittsburgh
This position is for the Deputy Program Director – Innovative Health System Initiatives for the School of Pharmacy’s Program Evaluation and Research Unit (PERU). This position requires that the incumbent work in a highly independent manner. The incumbent will be responsible for working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to manage implementation, evaluation, and research projects that include federally, state, and foundation funded programs. Program’s focus on the implementation of healthcare innovations in a diverse array of healthcare settings across public, private, and nonprofit sectors. They also involve the facilitation and evaluation of training and education to a variety of healthcare providers and administrators.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Coordinating IHSI project teams and program areas by supervising IHSI Program Managers;
- Supporting the IHSI Program Director and PERU Associate Director in recruiting and onboarding new staff;
- Utilizing the Systems Transformation Framework developed by PERU’s Director to guide the implementation of all funded work and PERU/IHSI’s operations;
- Supporting the development and implementation and continuous monitoring of strategic plans associated with IHSI projects to support the IHSI Program Director and Program Managers in ensuring project goals and objectives are met;
- Supporting the Director of System Transformation Support and the IHSI Program Managers by monitoring progress of continuous quality improvement efforts across the portfolio;
- Supporting the IHSI Program Director, PERU Director, and PERU Communications Team in disseminating learnings through conferences, presentations, and publications by coordinating content generation and submission;
- Ensuring that IHSI and PERU policies are followed by all IHSI staff;
- Researching and determining funding opportunities for continued financial support associated with IHSI projects;
- Supporting the IHSI Program Director in preparing grant proposals for submission to funding agencies by coordinating the writing and directing of appropriate faculty and staff;
- Facilitating related project contracts by evaluating collaborators, vendors, identifying terms and conditions, and establishing the scope of services and performance metrics; and
- Supporting the IHSI Program Director and PERU Associate Director and Fiscal and Grants Administrator in preparing and monitoring budgets, contracts, and all University administrative requirements for work under their management.
This IHSI Associate Program Director would be responsible for the following activities on day to day basis:
- Regularly communicating with IHSI program team management and senior staff and PERU leadership and functional group leads to ensure streamlined communication and on-time deliverables across the portfolio;
- Strategizing with the IHSI Program Director and Program Managers to improve stakeholder engagement, project outcomes, and internal operations through facilitation of individual and team meetings (e.g., leading Program Manager huddles);
- Supporting supervision across the portfolio by providing feedback and development support to management and senior-level staff to improve their ability to manage teams and personnel;
- Leading internal working groups and other team-based capacity building activities to improve IHSI knowledge, expertise, and capabilities;
- Providing support to all levels of the IHSI team through regular review and feedback on deliverables to ensure a high-quality final product.
To apply for this job please visit ars2.equest.com.