University of Pittsburgh
Website University of Pittsburgh
This position is for a Director for System Transformation Support for the School of Pharmacy’s Program Evaluation and Research Unit (PERU), a vibrant and nationally recognized research unit.
This position requires that the incumbent work in a highly independent manner. The incumbent will be responsible for working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to directly manage the entire research and evaluation projects that include the statewide Overdose Reduction Technical Assistance Center, the Centers of Excellence Technical Assistance Center, the Veteran’s Administration funded portfolio of activities, and a large number of federally and privately funded research and evaluation programs at PERU.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Managing 30+ staff
- Utilizing the Systems Transformation Framework developed by PERU’s Director to guide implementation of all funded work and PERU’s operations
- Developing, implementing, and providing continuous monitoring of strategic plans associated with these projects
- Researching and determining funding opportunities for continued financial support associated with these projects
- Preparing grant proposals (including budget development) to foundation, state, and federal funding agencies by leading the writing and directing appropriate faculty and staff
- Working with high-level state entities at the Secretary (cabinet) level to negotiate work to be conducted and communicate program progress, findings, and needs
- Facilitating related project contracts by evaluating collaborators, vendors, identifying terms and conditions and establishing scope of services and performance metrics
- Providing oversight and approval to faculty, staff, and stakeholders on the development of study design
Masters or Doctorate degree in the health sciences and experience in healthcare innovation development and healthcare implementation evaluation and research is preferred. Outstanding organizational and communication skills are essential.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit ars2.equest.com.