This position is a front-line fundraising role focused primarily on building relationships with individuals and raising funds for UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. For a Major Gifts Officer, gift size ranges from $10,000 to the $1 million level. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining a portfolio of donors and prospects (approximately 80 to 120 individuals) and for forging strong working partnerships with medical and nursing staff, and research faculty to identify prospects. Working with the Development Department leadership and prospect research, the Major Gifts Officer, the Major Gifts Officer will develop cultivation and solicitation strategies with the goal of soliciting prospects for commitments at the $10,000 level and above within 18 months of identification. Of critical importance, this position will need to build their portfolio, working diligently to move donors through the giving cycle. This position will work strategically to coordinate prospect and donor contacts as appropriate with foundation leadership and colleagues, hospital leadership, physicians and other staff members.
- Demonstrate through behavior hospital’s core values of integrity, care, balance, excellence, stewardship, and teamwork – (see institution’s Performance Excellence Program information).
- Represent the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation in building relationships with individuals that will generate significant philanthropic support for strategic initiatives to advance the Hospital’s mission.
- Assure the prompt gift acceptance, deposit, acknowledgement and recognition of gifts.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the reporting manager as they may arise.
- Log all relationship information in the Raisers Edge database in compliance with the Hospital’s HIPPA policies.
- Operate collaboratively and openly with a high attention to detail to provide excellent service to prospects, donors, medical and nursing staff and research faculty, Foundation and Hospital leadership.
- Develop strong working relationships of trust and confidence with clinical and research faculty.
- Develop tailored prospect and donor-specific strategies and tactics to advance the philanthropic relationship and giving potential.
To apply for this job please visit careers.upmc.com.