Uptown Partners of Pittsburgh
Website Uptown Partners of Pittsburgh
Uptown Partners of Pittsburgh Seeking Community Project Manager
Uptown Partners of Pittsburgh (UP), founded in 2007, is a community-based non-profit organization of residents, businesses and institutions working together to create a vibrant, sustainable and just Uptown neighborhood. The organization helped lead a recent Uptown/West Oakland EcoInnovation District planning process, resulting in a bold, comprehensive community plan—adopted by the City of Pittsburgh—which helps to ensure that Uptown’s certain regrowth benefits all.
Community Project Manager Job Description
To safeguard and promote the wellbeing of those who live and work in Uptown, UP has created the Community Project Manager position.
- Manage and expand safety, cleaning and greening projects, and oversee code enforcement to remove blight.
- Link low-income residents to resource information/services to promote financial security, jobs and job trainings, energy-efficiency, etc.
- Support homeowners and renters with resources through strategic partnerships.
- Community organize as needed to ensure projects/initiatives are in alignment with community vision.
- Facilitate community meetings including: Community Action Team meeting, Safe Streets Uptown meeting, and quarterly community meetings.
- Coordinate community programs and events.
- Help advance clean air and healthy homes initiatives.
- Provide robust community outreach to neighborhood sectors via diverse communication tools and promote community engagement to advance projects and initiatives.
- Oversee public art projects.
- Assist in raising funds as needed to achieve related neighborhood goals.
Successful candidate brings a passion for Pittsburgh, specifically Uptown and:
- Previous experience working with nonprofits and a passion for community outreach
- Bachelor’s degree in human studies, social work, health, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings, both virtually and in person.
- Minimum three years of experience working in program planning and implementation.
- Competency in community-building, organizing and advocacy, with local experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe, and graphic design platforms including Canva
- This position is based at Uptown Partners offices
- A flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend hours, is required
- Salary commensurate with experience; competitive benefits offered
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org