Uptown Partners of Pittsburgh
Website Uptown Partners of Pittsburgh
Uptown Partners of Pittsburgh Seeking Real Estate and Development Program Manager
Uptown Partners of Pittsburgh (UP), founded in 2007, is a community-based non-profit organization of residents, businesses and institutions working together to create a vibrant, sustainable and just Uptown neighborhood. The organization helped lead a recent Uptown/West Oakland EcoInnovation District planning process, resulting in a bold, comprehensive community plan—adopted by the City of Pittsburgh—which helps to ensure that Uptown’s certain regrowth benefits all.
Essential duties include:
Lead EcoInnovation District Implementation
- Lead the Community Action Team of the Uptown Task Force (UTF), meet the last Thursday of the month to advance established priority action items with metrics. Report progress at monthly UTF meetings.
- Track Community Action Team and organizational metrics (i.e. affordable housing units, trees planted, demographics, paving, etc.)
- Coordinate with City Planning and Dept. of Mobility and Infrastructure (DOMI) to advance the development of a comprehensive neighborhood parking strategy to support new and existing residents and businesses with the upcoming BRT project.
- Participate in other three-monthly EID Action Teams (Mobility, Development, Infrastructure) to represent the community perspective.
- Join regional EcoDistricts collaborative to share experiences and ideas with growing number of area EcoDistricts.
- Partner with the City, URA, and Allegheny Land Trust to enhance and expand the Tustin Street Garden and Tot Lot; identify land acquisition and funding opportunities to advance recreational improvements detailed in the Stoss Landscape Urbanism plan, created with resident input.
Advocate for EQUITABLE Development
- Advocate for 30% -40% of all housing units in Uptown to be Affordable. Educate developers on Public Realm Zone guidelines and bonuses; Education of community on decoupled commercial/ residential development and required parking under UPR Zoning District
- Manage the conservatorship process on blighted and vacant properties. Work with consultant including Rising Tide Partners and legal counsel.
- Manage the required Registered Community Organization (RCO) processes moving forward
- Manage the Uptown Real Estate and Development (RED) Committee to review new development of scale for conformance to EID goals; advocate for equitable development, sustainability and quality design.
- Work with Duquesne University on 5th Ave Corridor Vision Planning, a university-lead effort proposed in the university’s 2018 Institutional Master Plan.
- Explore Community Land Trust concept in Uptown; potential partners include OPDC, Lawrenceville and UPMC
Create a Safe, Sustainable & Vibrant Uptown
- Encourage through RED Committee and meetings with development steams quality landscaping and common space in development projects, as appropriate.
- Combat blight and vacancy in Uptown through conservatorship law as a catalyst to ensure blighted and vacant property owners are held accountable and properly maintain their properties to enhance the aesthetic of the neighborhood to attract investment.
Business district development and corridor management
- Manage Uptown’s participation in the Sustainable Restaurant Program; currently seven Uptown restaurants in program. Assist Uptown businesses during the Covid-19 Pandemic by connecting them with resources and marketing online sales to community.
- Manage the Uptown Partners website, domain, Microsoft, and Gmail accounts.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Manage Geographic Information Systems subscription.
- Assist in writing grants and tracking metrics.
Successful candidate brings a passion for Pittsburgh, specifically Uptown and:
- At least 5 years of program management experience
- Previous experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Have a thorough understanding of, and experience with conservatorship in real estate
- Have a thorough understanding of MWBE and the importance of equity in development
- Experience with public policy
- Real estate and development experience (commercial and residential)
- Must have fundraising and grant writing experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- This position is based at Uptown Partners offices
- A flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend hours, is required
- Salary commensurate with experience; competitive benefits offered
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Uptown Partners
Established in 2007, Uptown Partners of Pittsburgh is a non-profit, community benefits organization uniting residents, anchor institutions, and business owners to advance the community’s vision for a vibrant, sustainable, and just Uptown for all.
Uptown Partners is a member of and supports the work of the Uptown Task Force to implement the EcoInnovation District Plan; the neighborhood plan adopted by Pittsburgh City Council in 2017. As an advocate for the plan and the neighborhood, UP collaborates closely with neighborhood stakeholders, city departments, and allied organizations to advance the community’s vision for the future.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com