Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
This position is for a Community Development Associate in the Project Asset & Management Unit at the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh (URA). The Community Development Associate will focus on engaging with Pittsburgh communities, building relationships with residents and community-based organizations, increasing sustainability on URA projects, linking publicly-owned real estate assets to community needs through vacant lot activation, and performing project management activities.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate, collaborative, innovative, and actively seeks to implement best practices. Work is performed independently under general direction. The Community Development Associate will report directly to the URA’s Community Development Manager.
Job title: Community Development Associate
Department: Project Asset & Management
Divisional Unit: Community Development
Pay Grade: 6
Reports to: Community Development Manager
Full-time / Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of multi-year project implementation activities related to all aspects of the development process from planning to post-construction with a focus on projects with community development components.
- Assist with all aspects of property conveyance for major redevelopment projects as part of a team of professionals as needed.
- Connect developers to URA resources.
- Evaluate projects using the URA’s metric and assessment system to make recommendations on URA involvement in the project and level and type of public intervention.
- Assist in formation of recommendation on development policies, programs, and projects
- Preparation and maintenance of project charters, schedules, and budgets.
- Preparation and administration of funding applications and development documents including redevelopment proposals.
- Assist with market studies and other property related diligence.
- Assisting on special projects for the Director of Neighborhood Development, as required.
Community Development Initiatives:
- Assist with developing community, resident, stakeholder, and developer engagement and education
- Assist with assessing community needs to inform and draft Request for Development Proposals
- Explore opportunities to partner and collaborate with external partners that can benefit community development projects
- Plan and coordinate community meetings and stakeholder engagement
- Develop and coordinate communication and engagement strategies for assigned neighborhoods
- Develop community feedback generation processes and documents.
- Attend community meetings and planning sessions as directed by the Community Development Manager to support community understanding of the URA’s programs and processes.
- Lead the URA Climate Action Team.
- Assist with non-profit capacity building by providing needed technical assistance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/public administration, urban planning, community development, economics, or a related field.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in community development, community planning, community engagement and/or project management.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Creative and dynamic personality with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be patient and maintain composure in a political environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of and willingness to continue to learn latest technology, including GIS and Netsuite
- Advanced degree in Real Estate, Business/Public Administration, Urban Planning/Development, Sustainability, or a related field.
- Experience managing projects that focus on developing greenspace and park space
- Experience with vacant lot activation projects
- Other combinations of education, experience, knowledge, and abilities demonstrating the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of the position will also be considered.
- LEED GA accreditation or higher accreditation preferred.
- AICP accreditation.
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Establishing Focus
- Customer Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Fostering Teamwork
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.