Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
This position is for a Consumer Lending Program Assistant in the Residential & Consumer Lending department at the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh (URA). The Residential & Consumer Lending Division provides a portfolio of housing programs to both developers and consumers in the City of Pittsburgh. The division helps make Pittsburgh a more affordable place for its residents.
The Consumer Lending Program Assistant is responsible for providing programmatic support through administrative skills for the consumer housing programs including but not limited to: Homeowner Assistance Program, Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance Program, OwnPGH, and the Energy Equity Fund. This includes fielding general inquiries, assisting with reviewing applications for home repair programs, helping homeowners apply for programs, and providing outreach and education around homeownership in the City of Pittsburgh.
Job title: Consumer Lending Program Assistant
Department: Residential & Consumer Lending
Divisional Unit: Lending & Investments
Pay Grade: 5
Reports to: Manager of Consumer Lending
Full-time / Nonexempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support the Departmental Director, managers, and staff in the activation of the consumer housing programs’ day-to-day activities related to operational oversight and organizational effectiveness.
- Schedule application follow-up calls, consumer orientation meetings, and other necessary meetings with internal and external parties to coordinate consumer applications getting approved.
- Maintain physical and electronic files for the consumer housing programs.
- Coordinate the centralized application process with department leadership for consumer programs and maintain a master spreadsheet and/or database of all client inquiries and applications.
- Review consumer applications for eligibility and issue pre-approval or denial letters.
- Research City, County, and local School District property taxes for the real estate associated with homeowner and conduct qualified borrower checks.
- Prepare reports on the status of projects, programs, and initiatives including monthly production and inquiry reports.
- Attend community meetings, present housing programs, and/or help the departmental organize and lead charettes.
- Assist with general administrative tasks such as scanning, copying, creating PowerPoints, data entry into various systems, running reports from various systems, maintain invoicing systems, maintain system databases such as SharePoint, NetSuite, The Mortgage Office, etc.
- Complete Part 58 paperwork including requests to the State Historic Preservation Office and requests to the City Planning Department as required.
- Coordinate public outreach events to increase visibility to the URA’s homeownership programs.
- Assist with preparation and execution of closing documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Business, Communications, Public Policy, Public Relations or a related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience in an operations, coordinator, or administrative support role.
- Basic mathematical skills and proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling are required.
- Experience in MS Office Suite products, including SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Public Policy, Public Relations or a related field.
- Pennsylvania Notary License preferred
- Knowledge of the affordable housing field is a plus
- Experience in NetSuite, The Mortgage Office, and/or any other tracking software preferred
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Information Gathering
- Takes Initiative
- Results Orientation
- Fostering Teamwork
- Personal Credibility
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.