Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
This position is responsible for the coordination of one or more programs under the Consumer & Residential Lending Unit, within the Lending & Investments Department. In particular, this position will work with the Consumer Programs Manager and other necessary staff to administer programs including, but not limited to, Homeowner Assistance Program, Home Accessibility Program for Independence and the Energy Equity Fund.
This position will be responsible for any activities related to processing loan applications and closing loans within the designated programs. In addition, this position has the responsibility of tracking loans in construction and any closeout activities which may be necessary. Individuals filling this position will need to train lenders and realtors as necessary. This work is performed independently according to guidelines of the URA and other agencies.
Job title: Consumer Lending Program Coordinator
Department: Residential & Consumer Lending
Divisional Unit: Lending & Investments
Pay Grade: 7
Reports to: Manager of Consumer Lending
Full-time / Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with homeowners to assist with loan applications and explain the Residential & Consumer Lending programs and other funding resources.
- Review loan packages for completeness and accuracy.
- Review/prepare closing documents with accuracy, completeness and conformity to URA and Department policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Work with participating lending institutions to obtain required documentation and to coordinate project financing.
- Work with real estate agents to ensure their understanding of applicable URA program guidelines and procedures.
- Work with contractors in obtaining required documents, permits and executing URA contract documents.
- Review, process, and approve contractor stage payments, working collaboratively with the Quality Control department.
- Underwrite loan applications and provide recommendations or declinations of funding to the Manager and Department Director.
- Schedule and coordinate inspections with Quality Control department staff to review plans and specifications as required.
- Coordinate and conduct loan closings. Collect and deposit fees from loan closings.
- Attend community meetings, events, banking and realtor conferences, seminars, etc. as required.
- Assist in assessing the effectiveness of the Lending & Investments programs and the need to make any necessary revisions to the programs.
- Maintain all applicable databases including NetSuite and The Mortgage Office.
- Maintain and organize project files in accordance with URA procedures.
- Correspond and manage contracts with partners.
- Develop reports which highlight loan production, status of fund balances, loan delinquencies and foreclosures, and lender performance.
- Participate on committees and special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or a related field.
- 5 or more years of related experience
- A combination of education, experience, knowledge, and abilities demonstrating the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of this position will also be considered.
- Specialized training or experience in housing finance and development.
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with co-workers and with private lending institutions.
- Knowledge of housing financing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service and interpersonal collaboration skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Information Gathering
- Analytical Thinking
- Forward Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer Orientation
- Fostering Innovation
- Personal Credibility
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.