Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
The Underwriting Analyst is vital to department’s loan origination and underwriting function. The Underwriting Analyst position is responsible for the execution of URA financing programs, including sourcing clients, underwriting loans, and portfolio management. An ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be passionate, driven, collaborative, and dedicated to furthering Pittsburgh’s economic vitality.
Job Title: Underwriting Analyst
Department: Commercial and Business Lending
Divisional Unit: Lending and Investments
Reports to: Manager of Business Lending
Full-time / Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with URA Business Services and partner organizations to widely promote loan programs across the city.
- Create connections and source deal flow throughout the City of Pittsburgh.
- Originate applications for financing, collect applicable information and documentation; analyze and underwrite the application; prepare and present loan proposals for internal and loan review committee review; close approved loans; and service the loan.
- Coordinate teamwork among URA staff, entrepreneurs and small businesses, private funders, and others.
- Work with the Manager of Business Lending and the URA’s Legal and Compliance staff to ensure that commercial loans and grants are originated in accordance with federal tax law, applicable underwriting guidelines, the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s program guidelines and all other applicable local/state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor the financial performance of borrowers and as necessary recommend technical assistance and loan restructuring.
- Facilitate URA façade program promotion, underwriting, and execution, as requested.
- Prepare professional correspondence, credit memos, and other documentation.
- Work with businesses to connect with resources and tools (both URA and non URA) including technical assistance.
- Represent the Commercial and Business Lending Department and its programs to external partners and the public, as requested.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Work independently with general direction from the manager and director.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, economics, or entrepreneurship
- Three (3) years of experience underwriting and presenting credit and risk analysis for direct lending and investment.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills, including verbal, written and public speaking.
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products such as word, excel, and publisher.
- Master’s degree
- Commercial underwriting experience in businesses and commercial real estate is preferred.
- Experience using Salesforce, WordPress, or similar software a plus.
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Information Gathering
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Performance
- Takes Initiative
- Personal Credibility
- Oral Communication
- Written Communications
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.