Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
The Business Solutions Division of Strategic Initiative is newly formed unit that will provide strategic advisory and service delivery to the URA. Included in these services is using data to drive internal decision making, communicate impact, evaluate success, and standardize measurable outputs & outcomes that define the URA’s success and communicate impact and progress. The Division of Strategic Initiative will also leverage partnerships and URA resources to drive quality job growth through business expansion, growth industry cluster development, and seek innovative ways to drive equitable economic growth. The Division of Strategic Initiative will work closely with the Business Solutions team and URA leadership to achieve its goals.
The Manager of Strategic Data and Impact will develop and manage key aspects of the utilization of data to measure and communicate impact and work with the URA Executive Leadership Team to lead strategic planning initiatives through a data driven lens. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate and committed to empowering the URA to measure and communicate impact through data. This position will have a unique opportunity to build out systems and processes while also building a team to support the work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent data management and analysis skills, communication skills, strong analytical and advanced problem-solving ability, detailed knowledge, and experience working with public, private, and nonprofit agencies to advance economic development.
Job title: Manager of Strategic Data and Impact
Department: Business Solutions
Divisional Unit: Strategic Initiatives
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Full-time / Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Define and build a work plan to achieve the goal of using data to drive internal decision making, communicate impact, and evaluate success.
- Mobilize special projects at the request of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Work with the URA Executive Leadership Team to lead and manage strategic planning initiatives.
- Provide supervision to data and digital communications team and staff, including team leadership and staff management functions, such as day to operations of staff, performance reviews, and overall leadership.
- Work with the Chief Strategy Officer to build out an initial team to support and execute the work plan.
- Develop and refine a standard set of measurable outputs, outcomes, and impacts, that illustrate, the URA’s progress toward achieving its mission objectives.
- Lead consolidation of data sets, including but limited to IWT, NetSuite, and The Mortgage Office.
- Develop a data management plan for creating, maintaining, and storing new data assets.
- Create and execute operating procedures to provide advisory service to URA unit leadership to develop visualizations and storytelling content and for unit level data consolidation and initial analysis.
- Develop impact reporting collateral that can be used for strategic communication to stakeholders, funders, partners, and others.
- Develop protocols and workplan to use data to inform internal decision making such as project and program evaluation.
- Produce and maintain public-facing, data-driven dashboards, reports, and visualizations.
- Provide team leadership and staff management functions—including day to operations of Data Impact staff, performance reviews, and overall leadership.
- Seek continuous improvement to improve data collection and reporting with a goal of driving intelligent communication of impact.
- Provide thought leadership and creativity to help the URA communicate and achieve its goals.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continual improvement, requiring excellent customer service, encouraging new ideas and processes.
- Participate in strategic planning and preside over meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
5+ years of related professional experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role managing people and departments.
- Knowledge of data gathering, analysis, processes, and communication.
- The demonstrated ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including policy and business leaders.
- Strong ties to community, and professional networking, working relationships with public policy, academic, philanthropic, and business leaders.
- Promoting Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Establishing Focus
- Empowering Others
- Managing Change
- Managing Performance
- Influencing Others
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Strategic Thinking
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Fostering Innovation
- Results Orientation
- Personal Credibility
- Conceptual Thinking
- Persuasive Communication
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.