Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
The Business Solutions Neighborhood Business District Team is a newly formed unit that will provide data driven strategic advisory and service delivery to the URA. Included in these services is implementing a citywide business district program for neighborhood commercial corridors and adjacent residential areas including but not limited to organizational development, promotions, market analysis, design, business/neighborhood improvement districts, district management, research, data analysis etc. The Neighborhood Business District Program Analyst will provide staff support and coordination for several URA grant programs and will work with neighborhood business district organizations to assist them in connecting their businesses with resources.
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate and committed to supporting the revitalization and growth of Pittsburgh’s neighborhood commercial corridors and connecting business district organizations and entrepreneurs with support and resources. Working with public, private, and nonprofit agencies to advance business start-up, retention, and expansion initiatives will be integral to success. The position requires outstanding ability to adapt and pivot, provide strategic and innovative spirit and vision to the URA’s work.
Job title: Neighborhood Business District Program Analyst
Department: Business Solutions
Divisional Unit: Strategic Initiatives
Reports to: Business Program Officer
Full-time / Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Business Program Officer to coordinate the Neighborhood Initiatives Fund and other URA business district grant programs, including:
- Manage the contracting, approval, and invoicing processes for all awardees
- Work with project managers when applicable to ensure that grantees and projects are on track.
- Attend meetings with grantees and potential grantees
- Work with the Business Program Officer to Develop working relationships with partners and stakeholders, such as (but not limited to) Neighborhood Allies, Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group, the City of Pittsburgh Mayor’s Office, and Department of City Planning
- Troubleshoot potential issues with projects and contracts
- Manage budgets for related programs and contracts with the NetSuite program.
- Provide tracking and project closeout reports, including tracking outside investment and job production when possible.
- Coordinate with other URA staff who are working on related projects within neighborhood business districts.
- Attend PA Downtown Center, National Main Street Center, and other training/conferences as needed.
- Attend neighborhood meetings facilitated by the individual neighborhood business district and other community groups as needed.
- Draft Board agenda items and receive proper approvals for all contracts that the URA enters into for neighborhood business district programs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in urban planning, public administration, business administration, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in business development and/or neighborhood revitalization.
- Other combinations of education, experience, knowledge, and abilities demonstrating the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of the position may be considered.
- Familiarity with commercial corridor and community revitalization techniques
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and public speaking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including coalition building, ability to build relationships with diverse populations
- The demonstrated ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of business development finance programs.
- Familiarity with the City’s Community Development Corporations and development climate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with GIS and NetSuite preferred.
- Promoting Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Establishing Focus
- Managing Performance
- Influencing Others
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Persuasive Communication
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.