Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
The PHDC Project Development Manager is responsible for advancing the development of single family and /or small scale multifamily housing projects with a strong focus on affordable housing in the City of Pittsburgh. The PHDC Project Development Manager will provide substantial guidance to housing developers and community development corporations. A large portion of the job involves taking on the role of developer and assisting our community partners with planning, site assembly, securing private and public financing. This includes providing project management services and working closely with community stakeholders. The PHDC Project Development Manager will also be responsible for reviewing and or preparing development budgets and exploring ways to control project costs.
Job Title: Project Development Manager
Department: Development Services Unit
Divisional Unit: Pittsburgh Housing Development Corporation
Reports to: PHDC Deputy Executive Director
Pay Grade: 7
Full-time / Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned development projects, by determining available private and public project financing alternatives.
- Act as the primary PHDC contact for community partners, architects and other professional service providers during the course of the project. Coordinate development team meetings as needed to facilitate development progress.
- Work with the Authority’s Real Estate Department and/or other parties on property acquisitions.
- Initiate requests to the Real Estate Department for acquiring tax delinquent and City owned property.
- Review PHDC property acquisitions, recommends and files timely tax appeals.
- Review and analyze project needs’ and make required applications for pre-development, construction, and/or permanent financing for developments with regard to the eligibility, the financial feasibility and development capability.
- Produce and analyze housing development budgets and proformas.
- Schedule, coordinate, and review all examinations made by the PHDC Construction Manager and or URA technical staff. This includes inspections, plans, and specifications and construction costs to support an acceptance or rejection of proposals.
- Lead in securing all required public approvals and review with our community partners the process for their benefit.
- Assist development partners/clients with preparation of and compliance with Minority and Women’s Business Enterprise (M/WBE) plans as required.
- Assemble and present completed financing proposals including visual materials to the Authority’s Real Estate Loan Review Committee and PHDC Board Meetings.
- Review closing documents for accuracy, completeness and conformity to Authority and department polices, guidelines and regulations and then coordinate and conduct loan closings.
- Assist with preparing requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for qualifications (RFQs) as needed.
- Assist with preparing and submitting applications for non-URA grant funding as needed.
- Input project information into data base systems as required.
- Arrange for the documentation of the condition of properties throughout development process with periodic updates throughout.
- Inform the PHDC Construction Manager and the PHDC Deputy Executive Director of any project concerns.
- Review and evaluate all items related to the project construction and correspond with the PHDC Construction Manager, for initial review of plans, specifications and costs approvals including change orders through final build-out and sale.
- Maintain and management development budgets to ensure the project is within budget for construction and soft costs. At the end of the project, reconcile all project cost and close out the budget.
- Recommend modifications to development procedures as needed to senior management.
- Prepare development status reports with assistance from the Construction Manager and submit to the PHDC Deputy Executive Director or Manager.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance with a minimum of 2 years of relevant Real Estate Development and/or Project Management experience.
- Microsoft Office experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective client relationship management experience
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Planning or related field.
- Experience developing reports for use in strategic decision making.
- 3+ years’ experience with affordable housing development projects
- Promote Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Developing Talent
- Establishing Focus
- Fostering Team Work
- Managing Change
- Attention to Communication
- Influencing Others
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Managing Performance
- Takes Initiative
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.