Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
The Project Manager plays the critical role of advancing URA development projects, real estate transactions, financial analysis, and general project implementation. The core duties also include assist with fundraising for projects and grant administration, in addition to managing and administering the URA’s tax diversion programs.
The Project Manager will shape URA projects, participate on RFP review committees, review financing, and manage real estate development within the City of Pittsburgh.
An ideal candidate will have a strong background in urban development, real estate, economics, public policy, or a similar field. Project Managers will be creative, methodical, collaborative, and passionate about their field. Work is performed independently under general direction. The Project Manager will report directly to the URA’s Manager of Planning and Development.
Job title: Project Manager
Department: Project and Asset Management Unit
Divisional Unit: Development Services
Reports to: Manager of Planning and Development
Full-time / Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of multi-year project implementation activities related to all aspects of the development process from planning, RFP, predevelopment, design and through construction to post-construction.
- Preparation and maintenance of project charters, schedules, and budgets.
- Conceptual development of project initiatives including research and analysis related to land acquisition issues, site preparation and remediation, infrastructure development, financing options, budget management, and other planning, sustainability and development issues.
- Evaluate projects using the URA’s metric and assessment system to make recommendations on URA involvement in the project and level and type of public intervention.
- Management of RFP development, release, implementation, and management.
- Preparation of project funding applications and development documents including Redevelopment Proposals.
- Meeting with developers to discuss development proposals and financing alternatives.
- Preparation of economic impact, financial, market, and physical feasibility evaluations.
- Preparation, maintenance and continued evaluation of project charters, schedules, budgets, and other documents associated with redevelopment.
- Utilization of GIS, data analysis, and financial analysis to advise project feasibility and market viability.
- Preparation of grant applications and grant administration.
- Assisting the Director and/or Executive Director, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business/Public Administration, Urban Planning/Development or a related field. Other combinations of education, experience, knowledge, and abilities demonstrating the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of the position will also be considered.
- Three (3) to six (6) years of experience in planning, real estate development, project management, financing, and fundraising.
- Competency with analytic skills, ability to write clearly, to speak effectively and to establish and maintain effective working relations with public and private sectors is also required. Another combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities demonstrating the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of the position would also be considered.
- Familiarity with public financing tools, including Tax Increment Financing, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, New Markets Tax Credits, HUD Section 108, CDBG, and others.
- Strong understanding with practical applicability of all URA programs and services.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and standard computer program is required.
- Ability to be patient and maintain composure in a political environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Creative and dynamic personality with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of real estate and community development practices and principles.
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Results Orientation
- Attention to Communication
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Takes Initiative
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.