Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
The Receptionist of the URA is often the first point of contact for the URA stakeholders and will provide high quality, professional, timely, and engaging service for the organization. This position will collect, produce, and supply information regarding the organization to the general public, clients, customers, and employees as well as supporting front office functions with superb administrative skills.
Job title: Receptionist
Department: Human Resources
Divisional Unit: Central Operations
Pay Grade: 3
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Greet all persons entering organization, direct them to the correct destination, inform URA staff when visitors and guests arrive, and offer refreshments to all guests.
- Tidy and maintain the reception area including coffee bar stations to ensure coffee is brewed for guests and visitors throughout the day, and restock other refreshments as needed.
- Ensure conference rooms are organized before and reorganized after daily use to maintain professional appearances when guests arrive.
- Professionally answer the URA’s main telephone line, screen and direct calls as appropriate internally and externally based on the services requested.
- Take and relay messages when staff members are unavailable.
- Provide information to callers about the URA’s programs, events, and departments. Answer queries from the public, customers, and clients.
- Maintain and update phone directories and contact lists as organization personnel changes occur.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness. Responsible for providing back up support to the main lobby attendant in the event of an absence to greet all guests entering the building.
- Receive and sort incoming and outgoing mail for the URA’s various departments. Prepare, weigh and add postage to mail. Notify and coordinate department mail pickup and drop off.
- Schedule and maintain appointments as needed for conference rooms, vehicle registrations, and create meeting room lists daily for internal staff reference.
- Assist in the ordering of catering for meetings throughout the URA, and assist with conference room setup as needed.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment, and office supplies for the organization, as well as scheduling regular document shredding for the URA.
- Perform administrative support tasks such as preparing correspondences, creating and editing documents, filing, and recordkeeping as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associates degree in business related function.
- 3+ years of experience in a related administrative, receptionist, or front office coordinator role.
- Proficiency with computers and relevant software including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
- Excellent customer service skills and best practices.
- Strong attention to detail, and thoroughness.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Any other combination of degree, skills, training, and experience will be considered.
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Attention to Communication
- Customer Orientation
- Takes Initiative
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.