Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
This position is for a Recruiter and Engagement Associate who will be a critical member to the HR department. Responsible for research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract top talent. Dedicated to driving stronger engagement and opening lines of communication within the organization. The ideal candidate for this role is passionate, detail oriented, collaborative, and has a variety of experience in human resource operations.
Job title: Recruiter & Engagement Associate
Department: Human Resources Department
Divisional Unit: Central Operations
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Full-time / Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. The Engagement Associate is responsible for helping promote a positive organizational culture. This position is dedicated to driving stronger engagement and opening lines of communication with current and potential employees; helping launch Human Resources programs and initiatives; and crafting HR-related messages ranging from employee surveys to rewards programs.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and others
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Backup for Payroll processing with Finance Dept via Paylocity
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Tailor programming and individualized/group support to help employees outline a potential career path so they can better visualize their future within the organization.
- Responsible for Onboarding experience
- Drives the Mentor/Mentee Program within the organization
- Responsible for the Award recognition program
- Assist with employee’s surveys
- Employee career growth, development and retention is a primary focus for this position
- Build, analyze, and report on diversity representation, benefits utilization, event participation
- Build and maintain educational materials, dashboards and key relationships across the business to ensure leaders have the data they need to drive change.
- Encouraging employees to refer talented applicants to the organization as an employer of choice
- Conducting periodic check-ins with new and seasoned employees to solicit input and identify opportunities for improvement related to employee engagement and retention
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- Proficiency with computer skills, including Microsoft Suite products.
- Experience working with an HRIS system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage confidential situations with professionalism and diplomacy. Must be able to adapt to all personality types.
- Willingness to work as a team and collaborate.
- Must be able to communicate professionally both written and orally.
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions; organize, prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Any other combination of degree, skills, training, and experience will be considered.
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Customer Orientation
- Information Gathering
- Managing Performance
- Takes Initiative
- Fostering Teamwork
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.