Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Website Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the accounting day to day accounting transaction processing in the Finance Department. This position is responsible for all duties associated with the automated accounting system. The Staff Accountant will work with various auditors including, but not limited to, the outside general auditor, HUD monitors, insurance auditors, City reviewer and State auditors to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Job title: Staff Accountant
Department: Finance Department
Divisional Unit: Finance Department
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Pay Grade: 6
Full-time / Exempt
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Documents financial transactions by entering transaction details into NetSuite.
- Process, submit, and record payment requisitions for all funding sources on a monthly, quarterly and as needed basis.
- Create and process customers invoices and manage collections of Accounts Receivable.
- Record and process daily lockbox receipts.
- Perform month-end duties, including journal entries.
- Maintaining documentation and requirements according to funding regulations and requirements.
- Adhere to procedures and policies and make recommendations on process improvement.
- Work with Finance management on annual audit.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP & GASB principles
- Perform other assigned duties.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Effective Communication.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & Government Accounting Standards Board principles (GASB)
- Experience and full understanding of financial accounting statements
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Establishing Focus
- Attention to Communication
- Forward Thinking
- Takes Initiative
- Managing Performance
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing, sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or union affiliation.
AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE URA.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.