Valley Youth House
Website Valley Youth House
Guiding a Path for Youth Success At Valley Youth House
Under the authority of the Senior Vice President, and the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Program Recruiter is primarily responsible for recruitment, screening, training, and support of Hosts. This includes marketing, making public presentations, and individual recruitment and support of Hosts. This position also includes providing case management support services to youth/client when deemed necessary due to logistics or as assigned by the Host Home Supervisor.
- To successfully recruit, screen and train a sufficient pool of appropriate Hosts in the entire geographic area served by the program with a focus on Westmoreland County. Hosts are individuals/families who have the heart and space to stably house temporarily youth/young adults with support from the program to work on goals of the youth/young adult to transition to more permanent housing.
- To conduct outreach scheduling regular in-person and/or virtual marketing activities, presentations and public speaking events in the entire geographic area being served in the program.
- To conduct in-person and/or virtual individual recruitment sessions with potential Hosts in each county/community served by program.
- To co-facilitate and support matches between the youth and Hosts.
- To conduct in-person and/or virtual individual and group training sessions with Hosts.
- To complete Host home inspections and ensure compliance with the Host review and acceptance processes.
The Host Home Program Recruiter shall be a mature individual with knowledge of the skills necessary to live independently. They shall possess the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of Positive Youth Development in the Independent Living Program. They shall have a demonstrated ability to engage both youth and community members. This includes strong public speaking skills. The Recruiter shall have sound judgment and act as an appropriate role model to youth. They have never been convicted of any child abuse offenses. The Program Recruiter shall possess a minimum of two years’ experience engaging the community and/or in marketing and a BA/BS in human services, business, marketing or a related field. Experience working with youth is also preferred. They must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel throughout the entire Western PA counties in program with a focus on Westmoreland. The candidate’s race, gender, religion, state of physical disability, or sexual orientation will not be considered when hiring for this position.
To apply for this job please visit valleyyouthhouse.e3applicants.com.