Enables children with disabilities to live life to the fullest
Variety the Children’s Charity enables children with disabilities to live life to the fullest is looking for a Program Manager. Variety works in 71 counties in Pennsylvania and West Virginia with a focus on mobility, communication, and social inclusion.
- My Bike® Program provides eligible children with disabilities with a customized adaptive bike to experience the joy, freedom, and belonging created by riding a bike, all while providing therapy.
- My Stroller® program provides an adaptive stroller which allows for easy “on-the-go” mobility and participation in daily activities enabling the kids and their families to be out in the community and be less isolated.
- My Voice® Program provides eligible children living with a communication disorder with a communication device (restricted iPad) to have a voice at all times.
The Program Manager plays a critical role in establishing relationships with parents of children with disabilities and community partners. The Manager is the primary point of contact regarding applications and presentations for the equipment we provide. This position works with families to qualify their children for life-changing equipment. Additionally, the Program Manager builds partnerships with physical, occupational and speech therapists as well as other educational and medical staff to identify, qualify and present eligible children with mobility and/or communication equipment. Finally, this position helps support Variety initiatives that are aimed at social inclusion and “peak moment” experiences for the children and their families (e.g., annual Halloween and Holiday parties).
- Develop relationships with families so they can gain mobility and/or communication equipment.
- Assist families throughout application process.
- Process all application paperwork maintaining organized electronic files.
- Place orders for adaptive equipment and communication apps.
- Create relationships with Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists as well as medical professionals, social workers, special education teachers, and family coordinators across the service area.
- Manage logistics for community presentations of equipment and assist at events.
- Set up on communication devices.
- Maintain data logs on all equipment from order to distribution.
- Assist identification of families as potential spokespersons.
- Maintain records on all families and community partners.
Qualifications – Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Proven critical thinking and problem analysis skills.
- Proven ability to relate to a socioeconomically diverse population.
- Competent in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint) or similar software.
- Experience in developing partnerships with community stakeholders.
- Ability to travel throughout Variety’s service area as needed.
- Ability to work in a hybrid and/or in-office environment as well as assigned field work.
Qualifications – Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field.
- Experience in non-profit sector.
- Experience working with children with disabilities.
- Mission orientation.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organization and planning abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgement and ethical decision making.
- Takes initiative using a strategic focus.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Values a team approach.
Variety is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, or any other aspect protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org