Website Venture Outdoors
Location: Kayak Pittsburgh—North Shore, North Park; Venture Outdoors Office, South Side; Remote
Reports to: President & CEO
Employee Status: Exempt
Compensation: $47,000 Annually
Venture Outdoors is a nonprofit organization dedicated to removing barriers and creating access to outdoor experiences. We provide a variety of experiences that inspire an active lifestyle, promote the region’s unique natural amenities, highlight its excellent quality of life, and foster a greater appreciation for the environment.
The Paddle Sports Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of Kayak Pittsburgh’s concessions and staff. This individual will oversee the opening plan for all Kayak Pittsburgh locations while maintaining a high level of operational efficiency during the season of operations. This position is responsible for developing and assisting with training Kayak Pittsburgh seasonal staff. The following are the responsibilities that have been initially defined; however, flexibility, positivity, and a willingness to participate in the development of the department is needed to succeed in this position.
- Establish and oversee a yearly operational plan for each Kayak Pittsburgh location which includes the pre- and post – season tasks.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of each Kayak Pittsburgh concession.
- Oversee and/or participate in developmental projects associated with the Kayak Pittsburgh brand.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and training of all Kayak Pittsburgh staff.
- Manage and analyze financial reports (forecast reports, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow).
- Develop, vet, and forecast opportunities for brand growth.
- Review and approve payroll for all Kayak Pittsburgh employees.
- Manage the technology systems associated with Kayak Pittsburgh.
- Facilitate bi-weekly part-time staff meetings.
- Organize and facilitate bi-weekly management team meetings.
- Facilitate a positive team dynamic and site experience.
- Serve as a “on-call” contact for technology outages and a point of contact for Guardian Protection Services for Kayak Pittsburgh.
- Assist with special projects and activities associated with Kayak Pittsburgh.
- Ensure safety protocols and facility inspections meet brand standards.
- Manage vendor relations and contracts.
- Manage group sales and reservations strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in project and operations management.
- Experience managing a large number of staff (50+) across multiple sites.
- Experience in facilitation (briefing, debriefing).
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines in a continually changing work environment.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work creatively and constructively with staff to create a team environment.
- Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written; Ability to take initiative and produce results.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to learn how to drive a company vehicle with or without a trailer attached.
- Ability to repetitively lift and maneuver watercraft weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications (can acquire upon hiring) – Wilderness First Aid or higher preferred.
- American Canoe Association Instructor Certification (can acquire upon hiring).
- PA State Act 33/34 Background Clearances and FBI Background check (can acquire upon hiring).
- Strong management skills.
- Experience working with point-of-sales systems and web-based technology systems.
- Flexibility to work where necessary on the weekend, evening, and holiday hours.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable form of transportation to get you and any necessary equipment to the activity site.
To apply, please access the provided link. The position will remain open until filled.
Venture Outdoors is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit ventureoutdoors.applytojob.com.