More than four decades of caring.
Verland is now hiring full-time Communications Intern to join our organization to assist individuals with their everyday life. Our team supports and encourages individuals with intellectual disabilities to become as independent as possible.
Verland provides care for adults and children with intellectual, medical and /or physical disabilities, 47 homes across Southwestern Pennsylvania. Verland is proud to serve residential and day programs in multiple locations including Allegheny, Beaver, Mercer, and Fayette counties. We are a non–profit organization with over 40 years of exceptional service and support to the residents that call Verland home.
Join our compassionate, inclusive, dedicated, and professional team. To learn more about Verland, visit our website www.Verland.org.
The following is a list, not an all-inclusive list, of duties the incumbent is responsible for:
The Communications Intern :
- Write, edit, and proofread a variety of content, including fundraising materials, webpages, reports, social media content, press releases, and more
- Assist with the development of the Verland content calendar
- Assist with implementation of brand refresh launch and strategic communications plan in partnerships with retained agency Redshift Digital Marketing
- Assist with the digital communications launch in partnership with CRM partner Virtuous
- Create and publish content through Verland social media channels
- Assist with the development of Verland fundraising materials
- Support other projects and functions as needed
- Assist with onsite event photography and asset management
- Assist with tasks in partnership with outside retained Agency
Experience and Training:
- Pursuing or recent graduate of a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or similar field.
- Superior writing, editing, researching, and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage projects and handle multiple deadlines and priorities concurrently
- Experience with Canva and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to develop and edit social posts.
- Ability to successfully multi-task, as well as possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook).
$18.00 / hr
This position requires the ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds or less independently, or over 50 pounds with the assistance of one other. Requires driving, sitting, standing, walking, running, bending, stooping and reaching. Ability to see, hear, speak and write.
To apply for this job please visit www.verland.org.