Member Engagement Manager – Full Time Position
Background: Attracting and retaining a vibrant workforce is one thing; making them feel at home is another. Vibrant Pittsburgh is committed to creating a welcoming environment and making the social connections that allow a diversity of talent to stay and flourish in our region. After years of research, outreach, data analysis, and conversations with regional leaders, Vibrant Pittsburgh was established to lead the next Pittsburgh renaissance – a people renaissance. Working collaboratively with private and public sector organization members, Vibrant Pittsburgh’s goal is to help strengthen the region’s economic future by helping our members grow and retain a diverse workforce.
Mission: Vibrant Pittsburgh’s mission is to build a thriving and inclusive Pittsburgh region by attracting, retaining, and elevating a diversity of talent.
Job Description: The Member Engagement Manager plays an integral role in attracting, retaining, and engaging Vibrant Pittsburgh member organizations. Working closely with the Assistant Vice President of Membership Development and External Relations, the Member Engagement Manager will execute Vibrant Pittsburgh’s member retention strategy and will be directly responsible for the management of all data and processes related to membership recruitment and retention. The Member Engagement Manager will also oversee the logistics of all member engagement events, including Regional EBRG Council meetings, Next Generation Council meetings, and other events/programs. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starting, motivated, and innovative professional that excels at customer relations.
The Member Engagement Manager reports to the Assistant Vice President of Membership Development and External Relations.
- Manage all aspects of the Vibrant Pittsburgh organizational membership process; maintain regular member outreach to key organizational positions (Chief Diversity Officers, Chief Human Resources Officers, and other talent professionals) to determine member needs and respond to inquiries
- Ensure the utilization of in-kind membership agreements
- Creation of monthly member and talent engagement newsletters; management of the Vibrant Pittsburgh job board
- Support the Assistant Vice President of Membership Development and External Relations in the creation and execution of membership events and activities
- Liaison to the Regional EBRG Council and the Next Generation Council
- Updating, tracking, and maintenance of data and analytics related to member engagement in Salesforce and via website analytics
- Identify areas of focus for future membership offerings
- Evaluate and report on membership program’s short-term and long-term impact
- With assistance from the Social Media Intern, maintain the Member Resources section of the website; manage the social media process for the publication of member events, job postings, and other information via Vibrant Pittsburgh’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Support the achievement of organizational objectives beyond membership-specific tasks
- Support planning and facilitation of other Vibrant Pittsburgh offerings as needed
Skills & Experience Required:
- 2+ years’ experience in a membership or constituent management position preferred
- Excellent presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a team environment
- Exceptional organizational, time management, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Comfortable with autonomy and directing own projects
- Strong command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint) is required; familiarity and understanding of information technology, including Salesforce, WordPress, Zoom, and contact management systems such as Constant Contact, Vertical Response strongly preferred
- Events operation and logistics experience and/or public relations experience
- Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Experience working in organizations with a successful track record in diversity and inclusion cultures preferred
Requirements: A bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA or MPA is preferred. Must have the ability to attend evening and weekend events as necessary.
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience.
Apply: Resumes, cover letters and salary requirements will be accepted only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Member Engagement Manager.
Vibrant Pittsburgh does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetics, or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring, and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com