Background: Attracting and retaining a vibrant workforce is one thing; making them feel at home is another. Vibrant Pittsburgh is committed to creating a welcoming environment and making the social connections that allow a diversity of talent to stay and flourish in our region. After years of research, outreach, data analysis, and conversations with regional leaders, Vibrant Pittsburgh was established to lead the next Pittsburgh renaissance – a people renaissance. Working collaboratively with private and public sector organization members, Vibrant Pittsburgh’s goal is to help strengthen the region’s economic future by helping our members grow and retain a diverse workforce.
Mission: Vibrant Pittsburgh’s mission is to build a thriving and inclusive Pittsburgh region by attracting, retaining, and elevating a diversity of talent.
The Training and Development Manager will be responsible for the design, management, and administration of Vibrant Pittsburgh’s (VP) diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) educational programming. The Training and Development Manager will report to the COO.
The Training and Development Manager will support member organizations in the cultivation of diverse and equitable workplaces, developing and delivering dynamic educational opportunities, and sharing expertise in ways that motivate organizations to further develop DE&I strategies. The goal? To promote a competitive advantage among Vibrant Pittsburgh’s member organizations through more inclusive workplaces.
The Training and Development Manager will manage all aspects of Vibrant Pittsburgh’s educational programming, designed and customized to align with the needs of member employers and resulting in a robust menu of DE&I learning opportunities. The Training and Development Manager will:
- Liaise with member organizations to determine training needs and schedule education sessions
- Design effective training programs
- Organize and coordinate all educational programming components and logistics
- Conduct seminars, workshops, individual training sessions (remote and live delivery)
- Prepare educational material such as module summaries, videos etc.
- Track engagement and opportunities utilizing Salesforce database systems
- Identify areas of focus for future educational programming
- Manage training budgets
- Evaluate and report on the program’s short-term and long-term impact
- Support the achievement of organizational objectives beyond program-specific tasks
- Support planning and facilitation of other Vibrant Pittsburgh programs as needed
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven experience in training and learning development in corporate settings
- Phenomenal communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Strong facilitation, coaching, group process, experiential learning, relationship management and instructional design skills
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in corporate teaching
- Strong command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and especially PowerPoint) is required; proficiency with e-learning software is an asset
- Experience in evaluating survey feedback and data to determine targeted implementation approaches
- Organizational and time management abilities; critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Comfortable with autonomy and directing own projects
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Experience working in organizations with a successful track record in diversity and inclusion cultures preferred
A bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA or MPA is preferred. Certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus.
Resumes, cover letters and salary requirements will be accepted only via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Vibrant Pittsburgh Training and Development Manager.”
Vibrant Pittsburgh does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetics, or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring, and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org