Organizational Summary: Global Links is a medical relief and development organization dedicated to supporting health improvement initiatives in resource-poor communities and promoting environmental stewardship in the US healthcare system.
We believe everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. We believe everyone is our neighbor and we are dedicated to helping all people live with dignity, independence, mobility and in good health. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
This position is the lead for Global Links’ volunteer program. The incumbent will lead volunteers and a team of volunteer supervisors, but is also a part of the Development team. This team is often the first and main point of contact that volunteers have with the organization. This team is responsible for engaging volunteers while upholding high quality standards in all activities while ensuring every volunteer has a productive and positive experience with us.
Primary duties include coordinating the volunteer schedule, training, managing and coaching the volunteer supervisor staff and leading volunteer groups in projects. You will work in coordination with our Outreach & Engagement Manager (OEM) as well as the Inventory and Distribution Manager (IDM).
Global Links’ volunteer program is often lauded for the service-learning experience we provide to volunteers from diverse backgrounds – students, faith-based groups, corporate groups, civic associations, seniors, students/adults with physical or developmental disabilities, families, and more. Your role is to ensure quality inventory processing is done efficiently to meet the needs of our programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing Volunteer Program
- Prepare weekly work plans for volunteer shifts based on prioritized needs of all programs in coordination with the IDM
- Oversee accessibility & communications in volunteer center including the cafe, lobby & main work areas to effectively engage volunteers and process inventory efficiently
- Ensure all volunteer packing projects follow standardized instructions to ensure consistency in all product prepared for our partners
- Coordinate with OEM on best methods and practices for engaging volunteers during and outside of volunteering activities.
- Ensure volunteer hours & program stats are recorded accurately, troubleshoot and escalate problems to IT staff as they arise.
- Lead volunteer activity for off-site events in coordination with OEM, IDM, OM including planning, set up, day-off, and post event tasks
Managing a Team
- Supervise 3-5 volunteer supervisors
- Train and direct supervision of volunteer work as related to donation processing, quality standards, and accuracy
- Train and direct supervision of volunteer engagement from entry to exit of the center
- Assign, schedule and manage time sheets of volunteer supervisors
- Conduct performance evaluations of volunteer supervisors
- Lead volunteer groups and individuals to sort & pack medical supplies (6-12 hours/week). This includes:
- Setting up projects (45 mins prior to shift start time)
- Having volunteers fill out appropriate paperwork
- Making a presentation on our work
- Cultivating relationships with the volunteers
- Ensuring accuracy and quality in volunteers’ work
- Cleaning up after project’s completion
- Informing volunteers of special projects, events, news, etc.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly environment in sorting, supply, box and work areas
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Global Links mission and programs
- Proficiency in or willingness to prioritize learning Google apps
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment
- Effective oral & written communication skills- English fluency required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, and motivate people with diverse backgrounds, abilities and skill sets
- Strong organizational & time management skills; attention to detail while maintaining focus on strategic goals
- Experience volunteering or supervising volunteers
- Creative and curious thinker with a sense of humor
- Flexibility, adaptability, and problem-solving skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. and willingness to do manual work (lifting boxes, cleaning furnishings, etc)
- Ability to work on your feet for extended hours
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with diverse populations, including people with disabilities
- Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software
- Willingness and ability to learn medical terminology as related to position
- Experience in health setting or overseas experience a plus
$17 p/hour with a competitive benefits package and generous schedule of paid holidays
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1 with “Job Application” in subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com