Organizational Summary: Global Links is a medical relief and development organization dedicated to supporting health improvement initiatives in resource-poor communities and promoting environmental stewardship in the US healthcare system.
We believe everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. We believe everyone is our neighbor and we are dedicated to helping all people live with dignity, independence, mobility and in good health. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
This position reports to the Logistics & Facilities Manager. Responsibilities include: loading and unloading trucks; inventory management; cleaning, repairing, painting and packaging used furnishings and equipment for shipment. Commercial truck driving experience is strongly desired. Requires an energetic candidate who excels in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shared duties among all warehouse team:
- Load and unload trucks using forklift, pallet jacks, hand trucks and dollies as needed.
- Repair, refurbish (paint, varnish, sand, etc) and pack furnishings to meet quality standards
- Maintain a neat and orderly workplace including keeping tools and supplies organized, sweeping, keeping work aisles clear and safe.
- Provide excellent customer service: Perform pickups working with shipping/receiving departments and product donors. Share Global Links news and needs with customers and maintain a professional manner and appearance.
- Work with other members of warehouse team to provide feedback on pick-ups and work collaboratively to improve our customers’ experience
- Check-in newly received inventory according to procedure and assist with inventory storage.
- Clean warehouse floor and other areas using floor machines or other tools as needed.
- Maintain trash and recycle flow
- Assist with facility maintenance and improvements
- Utilize proper material handling techniques to ensure safety while performing job duties.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Global Links mission and programs
- Able to read, write and speak basic English
- Computer literate, comfortable using online apps for inventory management
- Valid driver’s license & truck driving experience for 26′ box truck. No CDL required. Must meet insurance underwriting requirements.
- Inventory management or stocking experience
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work on feet for extended hours
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Google apps and/or Salesforce
- Forklift experience
- Experience in preparing shipments and loading shipping containers
- Mechanical skills (reupholstery, woodwork, metalwork, painting)
$15 p/hour with a competitive benefits package and generous schedule of paid holidays
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1 with “Job Application” in subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com