Western PA Diaper Bank
Website Western PA Diaper Bank
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
REVISION DATE: March 2021
Email Resume & Cover Letter To Cgore@wpadiaperbank.org
Position Summary: The Western PA Diaper Bank is seeking a development leader whose principal charge is to create then manage individual and corporate opportunities for donors to support the organization. Our goal is to make the experience of giving for donors satisfying and rewarding. This is a meaningful volunteer opportunity that will lead to a full-time salary position. The Development Leader will work primarily with donors and the Diaper Bank staff while reporting directly to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work to establish annual events and short initiatives for donor/volunteer engagement.
- Manage correspondence related to special events to include sponsorship packages, collateral marketing materials, and acknowledgment letters.
- Manage donor management system and implement donor follow-up.
- Assist Executive Director in customizing sponsorship structure and incentives.
- Assist with finding corporate sponsorship opportunities from the Diaper Bank’s operating structure.
- Create a budget for fundraising through new and established areas.
- Responsible for managing donor websites with current information.
- Charged with promoting the Diaper Bank’s overall and leading financial goals.
- Plan and implement fundraising goals for Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community, Giving
- Tuesday, and in-person and/or virtual events planned each year.
- Assist with the development of a sustainable year-round revenue stream.
- Work with the volunteer coordinator to define the best ways to recruit volunteers.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate success in fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, or related field.
- A minimum of four years of fundraising experience emphasizes Special Events and a proven track record of success.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work with employees at all organizational levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to deadlines and adjusting to shifting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and active listening skills.
- Superior leadership, organizational, and management skills.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with Salesforce or a donor database.
- Computer literate with demonstrated skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; Internet savvy.
- Able to articulate organizational needs, aspirations, and opportunities with clarity and enthusiasm.
- Act 33/34 Clearance
Compensation: Will Be Discussed
The Western Pennsylvania Diaper Bank (WPDB) was established in 2012 and is the only regional nonprofit organization focused solely on distributing diapers, period products, and adult incontinence supplies to low-income or poverty families. WPDB is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. They are an affiliate of the National Diaper Bank Network (NDBN).
Civic groups, businesses, churches, and schools, and individuals provide funding and host diaper drives. This allows the WPDB to provide diapers to families in need in the Western PA region. The Western Pennsylvania Diaper Bank strives to bring public awareness of the diaper struggle as a crisis in our area. “The blessing is in the diaper!”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org