Western Pennsylvania Conservancy
Website Western Pennsylvania Conservancy
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and list VP/CFO in the subject line of the email.
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (WPC), a not-for-profit conservation organization, with an operating budget of almost $23M, is seeking an accomplished, senior-level professional for the position of Vice President, Chief Financial Officer. This position is a key member of WPC’s leadership team and reports directly to WPC’s President and Chief Executive Officer. This position will be based at WPC’s headquarters located at 800 Waterfront Drive, Pittsburgh, PA but will occasionally travel to Fallingwater, located in Mill Run, PA, as needed.
The Vice President, Chief Financial Officer is responsible for overseeing the institutional functions of General Accounting and Management Accounting, Budgeting, Planning, Investment Management, Grants/Contracts & Procurement, Insurance & Risk Management, Information Technology/Computer Services and Human Resources.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience, education and competencies:
- 15+ years experience in a senior level accounting, financial, business management and/or administrative position, with significant non-profit financial management experience.
- Masters degree in Business Administration or Finance, with Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification or equivalent required.
- Confirmed broad business competency and mastery of management-level skills required to build quality business practices and add value to the organization by providing decision support, planning and control over operations.
- Proven and comprehensive experience in internal auditing, finance and budgeting, operations and compliance; managing complex insurance and risk management programs; financial and benefit plan audits; management of federal, state and local government grants; Single Audits; and successful oversight of investment portfolio management experience is essential.
- Experience with not-for-profit accounting software and integration with organization-wide systems.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially and effectively with supervisor, colleagues, staff, and Board of Directors.
- Organizational planning, structuring, and staffing skills; employee development and performance management skills.
- Familiarity with information technology infrastructure strongly preferred. (WPC’s networking and computer systems have over 200 users at multiple locations)
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements of ERISA retirement plans.
- Experience in conservation practice and standards and with house museum operations and practices strongly preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com