Westmoreland Community Action
Website Westmoreland Community Action
You are motivated to make a difference. Challenges present opportunities for creative thinking. Leveraging effective negotiation and inclusion skills come naturally.
At Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) we care about, our community, and each other. Our diversity, equity and inclusion focus aligns with our purpose: to build strong communities by supporting self-sufficiency and well-being for individuals and families. As such, supporting our community on the DEI journey is vital to success. This role is focused on just that – engaging local businesses, coordinating events and opportunities to be involved, and telling the story around our initiatives. In this role, every day you will have a chance to make a difference.
WCA is currently seeking a full-time DEI Project Coordinator for the Westmoreland County Welcome Everyone Project. This is a multiple year project in which you will be responsible for the overall coordination and operation of the Welcome Everyone Project to establish a more welcoming, inclusive community and promote wide-spread education on social justice issues.
- Establish and coordinate at least two diversity and inclusion subcommittees, coordinating with major employers to promote living locally
- Work with the committees to a network of local ambassadors to represent Westmoreland County through outreach and engagement
- Develop public awareness activities that promote local businesses and foster a greater understanding of the project’s goals and objectives. Design and implement an action plan that keeps the program visible in the community
- Act as a liaison and serve as a resource to enact strategies that will ensure inclusivity and be welcome to all
- Assist with planning and development of the action plan and assist partners in securing additional funding from donors, sponsors, and fundraising
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Public Relations, Planning, Business Administration, Nonprofit Management or related field; or Associates Degree with 5 to 10 years of experience preferred
- Must address projects in an entrepreneurial, energetic and imaginative manner; must be able to work independently and a self-starter
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as deemed appropriate by CEO
- Must possess valid PA Driver’s license and insurance to meet agency’s requirements
Pay: $17.95 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com