Promoting cultural and economic development in Westmoreland
Westmoreland Cultural Trust (WCT) is a regional leader in arts, culture and economic development and operates the historic Palace Theatre and the Greensburg Garden and Civic Center. WCT is looking for a dynamic Controller to join our team and assist in continuing to inspire cultural and economic growth in the region.
The Controller plays a critical role on our leadership team and will serve as a thought partner to our CEO on long-term strategy. WCT Controller is responsible for fiscal planning and operations, which includes accounting, budgeting, business planning and administration. This is a key role, not only for keeping our accounting highly organized, but also for setting organization-wide financial strategy and ensuring all program teams are aligned under a common vision. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial information to all levels of staff and our Board of Directors, are highly valued.
- Directs preparation and administration of the WCT combined annual budget applying knowledge of various grants, funding contracts, planning and development programs and property fiscal management.
- Directs and manages all financial activities of the organization and all of its operations: budgeting, financial statements and reports, 990 tax return coordination, audit coordination, purchasing, cash management, investments, treasury and banking according to Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements and annual reports according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for completion of performance measures as part of monthly financial statements.
- Directs grant and contract administration and reporting in compliance with stated guidelines.
- Designs, reviews, and implements internal control relevant to the preparation and fair presentation of financial statements.
- Directs and manages all agency risk management assuring proper and sufficient coverage for employees, members, officers, and directors.
- Serves on the WCT Simple IRA Committee and as the Plan Administrator for the plan.
- Directs the contract administrative functions of the organization.
- Prepares, coordinates, and assists external auditors in the preparation of the agency annual Single Audit Report with required supplementary information and supporting schedules.
- Prepares and reviews annually the organization’s indirect cost allocation and rate plan assuring sufficient indirect rate to cover indirect expenses.
- Reviews all grant proposals, grant budgets and financial reports prior to submission.
- All other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with Accounting or Finance major, or related field. CPA and/or MBA desirable.
- Grants Management Certification and Non-Profit experience preferred.
- At least 5- 7 years of progressive management experience.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and MS Office, most notably Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce,and/or Patron Manager highly desired.
- Strong financial analysis and management skills including developing and monitoring budgets, financial reporting, and strategic decision-making a must.
Email letter of interest with salary requirement, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WCT provides competitive compensation, including an excellent benefits package. WCT is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com