Promoting regional arts, culture, and economic development
Westmoreland Cultural Trust is a regional leader in arts and entertainment and owns and operates the historic Palace Theatre and manages the Greensburg Garden and Civic Center, both located in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. WCT is seeking a highly motivated people person to enhance visitor experiences while ensuring operational efficiency. The Manager, Visitor Experiences & Event Operations reports to the CEO and is responsible to oversee daily operations of WCT events and shows.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Marketing Director, Event Managers, and Palace Programming Director to create an organization-wide event and sales strategy.
- Work with the Manager, Corporate & Community Engagement and Marketing Manager to identify high net-worth donors and prospects and create targeted strategies and events to cultivate these potential donors.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate with all departments to solve service, technical and operational problems.
- Analyze operational and sales reports to identify opportunities and develop strategies to increase revenues and build brand awareness.
- Manage security protocols and oversee security operations and personnel at shows and events.
- Establish business systems and practices for a safe and efficient environment at all venues.
- Co-manage, value, and negotiate all vendor contracts, catering, rentals, and event talent/entertainment.
- Manage bar operations including marketing and sales, POS, inventory, and cash policies.
- Inspire a visitor-friendly, helpful, courteous, respectful, kind environment for all WCT audiences and staff.
- Responsible for frequent guest interactions to ensure legendary service resulting in membership retention and growth.
- Assists with the planning, set up and execution of events, shows, and promotions, while taking ownership for the success of the event.
- Ensures cross shift communication is consistent and accurate.
- Hires, trains and manages staff in accordance with organizational and approved departmental standards, policies and programs.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to motivate staff through a teamwork approach. Proven leadership skills that include delegating as needed.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office software products. Experience with PatronManager, Salesforce, a plus.
- Available to work weekends and some holidays with an active presence at shows/events.
- 4+ years in hospitality, event, food & beverage management with successful sales experience. POS experience a plus.
- 2+ years of experience as a supervisor.
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize, organize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while providing efficient solutions.
- RAMP certification.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westmoreland Cultural Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, or any other aspect protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com