Westmoreland Museum of America
Website Westmoreland Museum of America
For over 60 years, The Westmoreland Museum of American Art has brought national and international attention to the artists and places of southwestern Pennsylvania. The only museum dedicated to American art in western Pennsylvania, The Westmoreland’s extraordinary permanent collection is complemented by world-class traveling exhibitions that draw local, national, and international visitors. In 2015, The Westmoreland completed a $28.5 million Capital and Expansion Campaign and celebrated its grand re-opening in 2015 being named most recently in August 2018 by Architectural Digest as the best designed museum in the state of Pennsylvania.
The Westmoreland Museum of American Art seeks an experienced Grant Writer to support our Advancement Team. The successful candidate will have a familiarity in the arts and culture field as well as an understanding of the Greater Pittsburgh philanthropic sector. This is a contract position and hours worked will vary per week.
Expectations for this contract position include:
- Write and submit applications for funding to corporations and foundations for The Westmoreland’s operating and programmatic needs.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the Westmoreland, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought.
- Coordinate and prepare all monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting as required.
- Construct budgets and translate financial information into budget narrative.
- Work with the Westmoreland staff to gather information and documentation to support grant proposals as necessary.
- Adhere to guidelines given by the Director of Advancement and/or CEO.
- 5+ years’ experience in preparing grant proposals for foundation, government and corporate funding sources (familiarity with the arts and culture field preferred).
- Strong understanding of Greater Pittsburgh philanthropic sector.
- Strong writer who is detail-oriented with a high level of editorial skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, remote environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Dropbox, Zoom and other digital platforms.
- Financial literacy to construct budgets and translate financial information into budget narrative.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com